Today's card was made in the middle of the night when I came across this week's One Layer Wednesday challenge - to make a one layer card with music as the theme. A picture of my beautiful Music Notes wheel came into my head and then, despite the fact it was gone midnight, I just HAD to see what would happen if I got out some versamark and... Does that ever happen to you?!
The background was made using versamark ink, Baja Breeze ink and my new brayer. I've been wanting to try out brayering for ages but the only brayer I had was made of hard rubber and it didn't work properly. The Stampin' Up one is soft which makes it easy to get a smooth coverage. I got very excited while using it and this is definitely not the last time you see a brayered card on my blog!
Do you like the sentiment I used? I don't tend to use puns on sensible cards because they just make me giggle but I couldn't resist this one. Hopefully a sensible recipient won't notice...
Here's how to make this card:
- Cut a 7cm x 21cm piece of Very Vanilla card stock and score and fold it in half to make a card base. (You can make it any size you like - I just happened to have an envelope to fit this size.)
- Roll the Music Notes wheel in versamark ink and run it halfway across the card front. Load it with more versamark and run it across again, this time at an angle.
- Load the brayer with Baja Breeze ink and roll it repeatedly across the card front, starting and finishing off the card stock onto your scratch paper, until the whole card front is coloured evenly. (The Music Notes will show through as the versamark resists the ink - even without embossing.)
- Ink the Music Notes wheel up with Basic Black ink and roll it off on the scratch paper until it fades. Now roll it over the top of the card front. Now ink the wheel with Not Quite Navy ink and layer it over the top, overlapping the other images. Add more layering at an angle from the bottom of the card.
- Sponge the edges of the card with Not Quite Navy ink.
- Add a sentiment in Basic Black ink, using a stamp-a-majig for accurate position.
Stamps: Thank You Kindly
Ink: Versamark, Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, Basic Black
Card stock: Very Vanilla
Other: Music Notes wheel
It was tremendous fun making this card. Why not have a go with this Resist technique yourself? You can get some great effects!
Now, I know I keep going on about it, but please don't forget that today is the last day to get free Sale-a-bration stamps when you order £45 or more! After today, the Sale-a-bration stamp sets won't be available anymore and I'd hate for anyone to be disappointed! Click here to email me with your last minute orders, or give me a ring on 01280 820593.
Thank you for looking here today. See you tomorrow for more crafting fun,