Pages

Friday 29 January 2010

Chinglish Valentine

This is a valentine that isn't really a valentine. It was created for my daughter who isn't really into all frilly heartsy stuff, but who is a big fan of 'Chinglish' - that is English using Chinese idiom. The bizarre sentiment on this card is a well-known phrase meaning 'keep off the grass'. Isn't that just beautifully put? Anyway it will make Nina smile.

The sentiment was created on the computer and printed it onto Stampin Up Very Vanilla CS. I sponged the edges with blush blossom and love the way it gives a vintage feel (although I'm not sure if you can see that very well on the photo - I am photographically challenged!). I used an Inkadinkado stamp for the heart flowers and decorated the bottom of the card with strips of DP and CS.

This is the first time Chinglish has made an appearance on one of my cards but I don't think it will be the last. After all 'Slip and fall down carefully' and 'Don't forget to carry your thing' are much more entertaining than 'Caution, slippery surface' and 'Don't leave your bags unattended', so what do you think happy birthday or merry Christmas would translate as?

I'll leave you to think about that.
Bye for now.




2 comments:

  1. Tee hee! The sentiment and your explanation behind it crack me up!! This is super cute! Great job with FTL76!!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first encounter with Chinglish so I definitely needed your explanation. I think your daughter will love it! And, thanks for your extra sweet comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)