Pages

Tuesday 2 February 2010

Canine valentine

I may have mentioned before that my eldest son is a real dog lover. He and I have long conversations about our dog which is a golden retriever called Aramis. He's a very smiley dog with a waggy plume of a tail who likes to feel useful and is always fetching and carrying - newspapers, shoes, school books, my handbag. Although he is the family dog, he has a special bond with my son and, although it is strictly out of bounds, sneaks into his room at night to sleep on the end of the bed. Oh and there's one more thing about our dog and that is that he exists only in our imaginations. My son would love a real dog but since that isn't possible, Aramis fills the gap.

Here's the valentine I made for my lovely son.


I am a frugal crafter and was thrilled to find a doggy set of clear stamps on a market stall for a couple of pounds. The set doesn't include a golden retriever but hey - jack russells are nice too! The background is sponged in SU Ballet Blue and Certainly Celery. The stem is from SU hostess set Itty Bitty Buds and some of the hearts are punched, some doodled.

Hope you like the canine valentine.
I'm off to the kitchen to see if I can find some of those Good Boy treats.

1 comment:

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)