Pages

Tuesday 23 February 2010

Man cards!

I came over all manly today! No, that doesn't mean I got my big trousers out - it means I thought I'd better start replenishing my stash of cards to give to the guys.

I thought the SU Trendy Trees stamp set would lend itself to masculine quite nicely and nice earthy, outdoors colours - Garden Green, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip cardstock and Garden Green, Old Olive, Pumpkin Pie inks. Here are a couple of cards I came up with.


I've been enjoying using sewing on my cards lately but today I thought I'd go for a more controlled look with faux stitching. I brought out my soft Derwent pencils as well - haven't used those in a while - and drew in a simple, stylised background for the trees.


This one has real stitching. I thought two rows of messy stitching would be good for a man (but perhaps I'm mixing with the wrong sort of man!) To finish the card off I added this twine-around-the-brad feature.

I really enjoyed these masculine projects today.
Hope they've helped you get in touch with your masculine side!

Vicky

PS. All this leather-look, studs and faux stitching has got me thinking about a gift presentation box. Look out for that soon on this blog!

2 comments:

  1. I really like the scenes you created behind your trees. Great accents too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever to make the continuing scene in your first card -- the stitching on both are great and perfect for a man -- or anyone else for that matter.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)