Pages

Monday 8 March 2010

Forest Friends spring/easter card

I've been staring at my Forest Friends stamp set and thinking about using them for a spring card. My youngest son calls them my 'Disney' stamps and I know what he means - they definitely bring to mind Bambi and Thumper and all their little woodland friends! This is what I came up with:


Not very Disney but quite reminiscent of an illustration in a vintage children's story book I thought. I could imagine Hippity and Hoppity scampering off to meet Wise Owl at the Tree in the Top Field. Look how surprised they are to find that he isn't there!

I used Stampin' Pastels for the background, which gave a lovely soft, faded look, and I doodled in some tufts of grass.

Supplies (all Stampin' Up)
Stamps: Forest Friends, Itty Bitty Buds (level 2 hostess set)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive, Creamy Caramel, Summer Sun, Whisper White
Cardstock: Kraft, Whisper White
Other: Stampin' Pastels, Old Olive stampin' write

My children consider themselves much too sophisticated to watch Disney classics now but I treasure the fondest memories of curling up on a sofa with armfuls of cuddly tots shrieking with laughter at the chase scene in the Aristocats or the blustery-day-in-Owl's-house scene in Winnie the Pooh. Thank you Mr Disney!

Thanks for visiting today.

Vicky

2 comments:

  1. Very cute. I don't own this set (yet), but I do love it. Your son is right; it is very Disney-ish. And, oh, how I miss those cuddle-up on the couch and watch Disney movies days, too. My son's favorite when he was very young was Sleeping Beauty -- but he called it Sleeping "Blue-ty". Sweet memories. (Thanks for the little trip down memory lane!:) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the bunnies! I like your blog too! How pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)