Pages

Friday 5 March 2010

Two Old Olive and Black cards

Old Olive has to be one of my favourite Stampin' Up colours. It goes perfectly with all its fellows in the Earth Elements colour family but it's also quite at home with the Rich Regals family. Today I've been teaming it with black - come and see!


I love this cute birdie image (I have a thing about birds). The photo makes the second bird look grey but in fact it's been heat embossed and is a lovely glossy black. The jumbo wheel is currently the love of my life!

Supplies (all Stampin' Up unless stated):
Stamps: Best Wishes and More (bird), One of a Kind (flower), It's Beautiful (jumbo wheel)
Ink: Old Olive, Basic Black
Cardstock: Very Vanilla
Other: Boho Blossoms punch, gold brad, Basic Black stampin write, Versamark, Stampin' Emboss powder in black

I also made a thank you card with the olive and black colour scheme.




I wanted this to be very pared back and understated and I loved how it turned out. The white card has been scored to add interest and that gorgeous flower image was heat embossed and finished off with a rhinestone. I thought this would also be a good design for an invitation - to something rather elegant!

Supplies (all Stampin' Up unless stated)
Stamps: Best Wishes and More, Sincere Salutations
Ink: Old Olive, Basic Black
Cardstock: Whisper White, Basic Black, Basic Grey
Other: Versamark, Stampin' Emboss powder in black, rhinestone (from stash)

Hope you have a great weekend - whether you've been invited to something elegant or not!
See you soon.

Vicky

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)