Pages

Tuesday 13 April 2010

Sweet Pea DSP thank you notelet

Don't you love it when you receive a thank you card? I know I do - but sometimes, in these days of facebook, texts and emails, it can seem like a dying tradition. A text is nice, but a card is nicer! Especially when it has been lovingly made by hand. Here's a simple one I made today:



I've been doing a lot of scrapbooking lately to prepare for my new scrapbooking class (contact me for details) and my Just Perfect Alphabet stamp set was out, so I used it to make the punchy sentiment. The striped paper's from the Sweet Pea designer paper stack - look at the gorgeous colours in this! I made the flower after watching Julie Allain's tutorial.

It's finished with a fabric flower from the Pretties kit, which I coloured with a Pumpkin Pie marker, and a Tempting Turquoise button from the Playground collection, threaded with linen thread - love that stuff! The leaves are from the two step bird punch in the mini catalogue - how did I ever live without that leaf?!!

Supplies:
Stamps: Just Perfect Alphabet,
Ink: Pumpkin Pie, More Mustard (to ink the edges of the flower)
Card stock: Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Summer Sun
Other: Sweet Pea designer paper stack, two step bird punch, scallop circle punch, Pretties kit, Tempting Turquoise button from the Playground collection, linen thread, corner rounder

Wouldn't it be fun to make a little stash of these little 3 1/2" square notelets so that you've always got a proper thank you to hand. Let's keep that great thank you note tradition alive!
I'll be back with another one tomorrow.
Thanks for visiting me today.

1 comment:

  1. You're right about thank you cards. I should send them more often. That one's so pretty and the flower is darling!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)