Pages

Wednesday 19 May 2010

Studio Sketches thank you card

Today I'm using a technique that my very talented upline Michelle taught me. Take a look at this clean and simple thank you card:


Where, I hear you ask, did she get that large rectangular scallop? Well, Michelle showed me that if you overlap the squares punched from the scallop square punch, you can make a scalloped square or rectangle any size you like! So clever!

I used this technique to frame this beautiful image from the Studio Sketches stamp set. (You can't buy this set - but you can earn it absolutely free when you host a Stampin' Up party along with free products of your choice from the catalogue. Just email me to find out more.) I used my blender pens to colour the jug with Chocolate Chip ink and the pears in Old Olive. These blender pens give such a subtle look and you don't have to know anything about colouring at all!

The striped designer paper is my favourite paper from the Sweet Pea stack. I cut a piece to adhere to the bottom of the card, then cut a little off the edge and positioned it slightly above the main piece. It's a cost effective way of adding interest to a card.

To finish the card, I rounded the bottom corners and added the sentiment.

Supplies:
Stamps: Studio Sketches (Hostess set), Trendy Trees (sentiment)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Old Olive
Card stock: Whisper White, Chocolate Chip
Other: Scallop square punch, blender pens, Sweet Pea designer paper stack, corner rounder

You'll be glad to know that summer has finally come to Buckingham and, at last, we're beginning to believe in the possibility of sun dresses and sandals! My legs made a tentative appearance today, although I'm not putting my boots away yet...
Thank you for the visit today.
See you tomorrow for more designer paper ideas.

4 comments:

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)