Pages

Thursday 8 July 2010

Vintage Vogue cards

What a very great pleasure it is to receive a new stamp set! Multiply that by five and the excitement levels go off the scale... yes! I have five gorgeous new stamp sets AND a little bit of time to experiment with them.

Today, I've been having a look at Vintage Vogue and I have to say I'm bowled over by it. I made four cards straight away and I assure you it could have been many more if other duties hadn't beckoned. I thought I'd show you two of them today.

My first idea was to go with vintage blues:


I used Versamark ink to stamp a panel of Bordering Blue card stock with the script image from my Rustic Rooster hostess set, giving a subtle watermark effect. The leaves from Vintage Vogue were stamped with chocolate chip over the top of the script. The flowers were inked up in Bordering Blue and then the edges rolled in Night of Navy ink (this is the Rock n Roll technique). I stamped them, cut them out with paper snips and added pearls from the Pretties kit, then layered them onto the leaves with dimensionals. The panel was matted onto Whisper White card stock and adhered to a Bordering Blue card base, sandwiching a length of blue taffeta ribbon between the layers. I didn't add a sentiment but thought its subtle tones would work well as a sympathy card.

The other card I'm showing you today was such fun to make:



I used an Old olive marker to ink part of the stalk image from Autumn Days and stamped it six times on Whisper White card stock. The small flower from Vintage Vogue was stamped three times in Pale Plum and Rich Razzleberry ink using the Rock n Roll technique, then cut out and adhered to the tops of the stalks. I stamped the tiny leaf onto the stalks using my stamp-a-majig and also three more times on a scrap of Whisper White card stock. I punched out a 1/4" circle from these for the flower centres.  The ribbon was Whisper White 1/4" grosgrain once but with the help of a few markers and a ruler has become a gorgeous stripy ribbon to match my card! LOVE this technique! Here's a close-up:


I made a 'bow' with it by pinching a loop in a brad from my Hodge Podge kit. I matted my main panel onto some Cottage Wall designer paper and finished the card with a sentiment from Sincere Salutations.


Supplies
BLUE CARD
Stamps: Rustic Rooster, Vintage Vogue
Ink: Bordering Blue, Night of Navy, Chocolate Chip, Versamark
Card stock: Bordering Blue, Whisper White
Other: Pearls from the Pretties kit, taffeta ribbon in Bashful Blue

POSY CARD
Stamps: Vintage Vogue, Autumn Days, Sincere Salutations
Ink: Pale Plum, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive
Card stock: Whisper White
Other: Cottage Wall DP, Whisper White grosgrain ribbon, Soft Subtles markers, brad from the Hodge Podge kit

Well I have had tremendous fun today! And of course, as a demonstrator, it is my duty to do so! If you live in the UK and like the idea of sharing your love of crafting with others, it's time you became a Stampin' Up demonstrator too - and I'd love you to join my team. If you're interested, give me a call on 01280 820593 or drop me an email and I'll happily discuss it with you with no pressure or obligation.

If you're passing this way tomorrow, I'd love to show you the other Vintage Vogue cards I made today.
Hope to see you then.

5 comments:

  1. I'll be looking forward to them- if they are anything like these they will be gorgeous!! Love love love the blue one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicky,

    I LOVE the ribbon. That's so amazing !
    I have to try it, too.
    Both cards are georgeous.

    Have a nice weekend.

    Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both your cards are super Vicky, clean, simple and uncluttered but very elegant. Love `em.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both of them but particularly the posy and I will be having a go at the ribbon technique, love that I have seen it a couple of times blog hopping but love the colours of yours. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab idea with your ribbon. I can't stop looking around your blog, you are a very talented lady. I love your colours and style, great inspiration.
    Will you be at convention?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)