Pages

Wednesday 11 August 2010

Bird on a Branch note card

You may have noticed that some of the two step stamp sets are on special offer this month (see above for prices) and I've been making cards with some of them to give you a bit of inspiration. Here's a soothing note card made with Bird on a Branch:


The main panel was stamped with a floral design using the branch and the flower stamps and my stamp-a-majig. I coloured the flower stamp directly with an Apricot Appeal marker and then added touches of a Pink Passion marker before huffing to remoisten the ink and stamping. The edges of the floral panel were sponged with certainly celery ink and a strip of Whisper White stamped with the sentiment wrapped around it. I snipped the ends of a piece of Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon into points and adhered it to the back of the panel so that it showed either side of the sentiment, then matted the panel onto a piece of Pink Passion card stock. The card blank is made from Whisper White card stock, scored with the scoring blade on my trimmer to make embossed lines which visually anchor the focal panel.


To add a little glamour, I added Dazzling Diamonds glitter using a versamark pen and my Heat and Stick powder to ensure it doesn't rub off. I don't know if you can see it that well in the photo, but it adds a subtle, elegant touch of sparkle.

Supplies
Stamps: Bird on a Branch
Ink: Certainly Celery, Pink Passion
Card stock: Whisper White, Pink Passion
Other: Certainly Celery grosgrain ribbon, Heat and Stick Powder, Dazzling Diamonds, versamark pen, markers

I've been using glitter rather a lot lately because I've been designing Christmas cards ready for my Christmas card classes here in Buckingham. The first one will be on Thursday 23rd September 9.30 am - 12.30 pm and it would be lovely to see you if you can come along. Click here for more details.

It's good to see you here today and I hope you can join me tomorrow for another Three Minute Thursday speedy special!

4 comments:

  1. This is very pretty Vicky. The touch of glitter really sets it off.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great background that flower image makes. The dazzling diamonds are a nice accent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic card think I might have to case this one best wishes Lesley x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)