Pages

Tuesday 3 August 2010

Male card with a cricket theme

It was my eldest son's birthday at the weekend and I made him this card fit for a cricketing hero!


I was really pleased with the cricket ball - every time I see it I want to duck! It's made with a circle of Bravo Burgundy card stock punched with the 1 3/4" circle punch, sponged on one side with Bravo Burgundy ink and 'stitched' with a Bravo Burgundy marker and my white gel pen. I mounted it with dimensionals onto a background sponged with Tempting Turquoise and Certainly Celery inks. The grass is stamped with an image from Pocket Silhouettes which I used upside down so that I was only stamping the stems. I added stumps made from Creamy Caramel card stock and a Creamy Caramel marker and some grasses from Autumn Days, stamped and cut out with my paper snips. The card blank is made from Kraft card stock with the edges sponged with Whisper White craft ink.

Supplies
Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes, Autumn Days
Ink: Braco Burgundy, Tempting Turquoise, Certainly Celery, Always Artichoke, Old Olive, Whisper White craft ink
Card Stock: Kraft, Whisper White, Bravo Burgundy, Creamy Caramel
Other: 1 3/4" circle punch, white gel pen, markers

One of the lovely things about making cards for people is that you can make them personal to them. My son was almost as pleased with his card as with his prezzies! (But not quite...)

Thank you for spending time here today. Tomorrow I have another set of cards to show you.
Hope to see you then!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely card. I love the cricket ball. Its gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Vicky. I'm sure your son loved it and that cricket ball is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card!!! It's really difficult to think of good male cards, but this is really nice becuase it's got nice bold colours that make it look really simplet and uncluttered!

    Tasha xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing! Love the grass idea, and the whole layout and look of the card - fab cricket ball too.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)