This card relies on a really strong image and this beautiful feather from the Nature's Nest stamp set really fits the bill. The set contains another four other equally strong images and is well worth a look if you're looking for a new stamp set - I'll be showing you some more cards made with it soon.
Here's how to make this card:
- Cut a 9 cm square piece of Whisper White card stock
- Using versamark ink, stamp the card stock with the En Français background stamp. (I don't have that one yet so I used the script from my Rustic Rooster hostess set instead.)
- Using a stamp-a-majig for position (believe me - it really is quicker!) stamp the sentiment and the first feather in Taken with Teal, then the second feather in Glorious Green. (These colours should be sold as a pair - they are absolutely gorgeous together!)
- Mount the panel onto a 10 cm square of coordinating designer paper and attach to a Whisper White card blank made from an A4 sheet cut in half lengthwise, scored and folded.
- Using the scoring blade on your trimmer, score two lines on the inside of the card front near the bottom. This shows on the front as decorative, embossed lines.
Stamps: Nature's Nest, Rustic Rooster, Sincere Salutations
Ink: Versamark, Taken with Teal, Glorious Green
Card stock: Whisper White
Other: Sweet Pea designer paper stack (from the mini catalogue)
The first card came in at just over three minutes, cutting everything from scratch. This second card took five minutes but the card blank was already made and sponged. (TIP: It saves a lot of time to have card blanks made up - I like to spend an evening listening to music or with half an eye on the TV while I cut a whole stack. I use mostly Whisper White, Very Vanilla and Kraft for my cards.)
Anyway, here's the card:
This is actually made in a similar way although the feathers are positioned differently. The edges of the panel are distressed with my fingernail and sponged with Creamy Caramel ink. I stapled a piece of Very Vanilla taffeta ribbon to it before mounting onto Garden Green card stock. I versamarked more of the script onto the bottom half of the card base before attaching the panel to it.
Will Nature's Nest still be in the catalogue in October? Only six days until the Last Chance list is published and we'll find out!
That's all for today folks!
I'm off to be an entertaining mother...