Pages

Thursday 2 September 2010

Gift Voucher holder - using Itty Bitty Buds

A friend of mine phoned me the other day to tell me she was looking for a birthday gift for a keen crafter. She phoned on the Sunday, rather hoping for something to give on the Tuesday... No problem! A gift voucher to spend on a Stampin' Up shopping spree was the perfect solution! And because I know the lady who was to receive the voucher, and I am a big fan of hers, I thoroughly enjoyed making this voucher holder for her.


It's based on a design by the talented Andrea Walford - click here for her tutorial. I made mine from Soft Suede card stock and added a patterned paper from the Sweet Pea designer paper stack. The focal panel is a garden scene made using the emboss-resist technique - I loaded flower stamps first with versamark then coloured ink, stamped them, sprinkled them with clear embossing powder and then heated them with a heat tool until they turned shiny. This makes them waterproof so I was able to sponge and stamp backgrounds over the top, carefully wiping away any ink that got onto the embossed flowers. The panel was mounted with dimensionals onto the voucher holder and some of the sumptuous satin ribbon in Old Olive threaded under it and tied in a full bow. A sentiment punched out with the word window punch finished the project.


Here's the voucher holder opening...


... to reveal the voucher ready to spend on all sorts of crafting goodies!

Supplies
Stamps: Itty Bitty Buds (hostess set), Autumn Days, Pocket Silhouettes, Basic Phrases
Ink: Bravo Burgundy, Regal Rose, Summer Sun, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Bashful Blue, Soft Suede
Card stock: Soft Suede, Whisper White
Other: Word window punch, satin ribbon in Old Olive, corner rounder, Sweet Pea designer paper

I can make these vouchers for any occasion and for any amount. They make fabulous gifts to say thank you and for birthdays and Christmas and, because I make them to order, they can even be personalised with a name/photo etc. To order, call me on 01280 820593 or drop me an email.





By the way, I was dropping the finished gift voucher round to my friend, so I thought I'd make a pretty bag to carry it in.


It took a sheet of designer paper, a scoring blade on the trimmer, some sticky strip, the small oval punch and a few minutes of my time!

Now, how are you doing with the Last Chance List? As you probably know, a new catalogue will be released in October and to make room for all the exciting new goodies, lots of the items from this year's catalogue will be retiring, so it's your last opportunity to get them. Some of the items have been discounted and that means that you could grab yourself a bargain! Once you've made your choice, email me as soon as possible so that I can order for you - these products run out very quickly.



Happy shopping!



5 comments:

  1. this is just so so gorgeous:) I love it! love the different techniques and color combo that you have used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicky this is a stunning little gift card holder - love the soft subtle look of the flowers, they do look as though they might pop off the page, just brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a gorgeous looking garden! And the gift bag is so sweet too. Do you have a template?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous gift card holder. Love the colors and the stamping. Thanks for the link. I send a gift card to my mother every month to help her with her cat food expenses. I usually just slip it in a card but it would be fun to try one of these.

    The gift bag is simple but super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty little holder for the gift voucher. Thanks for the link, too! Love the little bag you delivered it in, also.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)