I'm showing you a card today using the Loads of Love stamp set, which is being retired this month. By the way, if you haven't already seen the Last Chance List, do take a look as there are some fabulous sets on it as well as inks, card stock and accessories - some at a big discount. I'm happy to help you with your orders - just give me a call on 01280 820 593 or click here to send me an email.
I really enjoyed making this card and what do you think my favourite part was? Yes - the glitter! Used sparingly, I think it can really add the wow factor to a card and when you use Heat and Stick powder with the dazzling diamonds it doesn't come off either - so the people receiving the card don't get a shower of irritating bits when they open the envelope!
Here's how to make this card:
- Stamp the truck in Real Red on a spare piece of Whisper White card stock and colour it in (I used a blender pen and inks, a black marker and a white gel pen for highlights.) Cut the truck out with paper snips and set aside.
- Cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 8.5cm x 11cm.
- Use a piece of torn scrap paper to mask of some 'snow' and sponge a sky with Bashful Blue ink.
- Stamp trees using your cut-out truck to help with positioning.
- Stamp a sentiment in the bottom right-hand corner using a stamp-a-majig for placement.
- Adhere the truck to the scene with Tombow.
- Snip the ends of an 18cm length of ribbon into points and stick to the back of the panel using snail, leaving a couple of cm out one side. Fold the other side to reveal the sentiment and secure with snail. Decorate ribbon with a button threaded with linen thread tied in a bow.
- Mount the panel onto a 9cm x 11.5cm piece of Real Red card stock then adhere to a Whisper White card blank.
- Add 'snowflakes' with the thin end of a versamark pen. Add Heat and Stick powder and heat until sticky, then add Dazzling Diamonds glitter and heat again briefly until set.
Stamps: Loads of Love
Ink: Bashful Blue, Real Red, Old Olive, Basic Grey
Card stock: Whisper White, Real Red
Other: Old Olive satin ribbon, red button from Playground designer buttons selection, linen thread, White gel pen, Basic Black marker, Heat and Stick powder, Dazzling Diamonds glitter
If you like the Christmas cards you've seen on my blog, why not come to my Christmas card classes? The first will take place in Buckingham on Thursday 23rd September, 9.30 am - 12.30 pm. I can promise you a very warm welcome, a relaxed, non-rushed atmosphere and three fabulous, brand new designs to make. The cost is £10 for the morning and I will provide everything you need - just bring yourselves! You will need to book your place so give me a call on 01280 820593 or click here to email me.
Here in Buckingham today, it's looking quite autumnal and it's not difficult to picture the nights drawing in. I do love the autumn - woollies, boots, rosy cheeks and shiny eyes, playing dragons in the chilly mornings (yes still!), cups of steaming hot chocolate, crafting and a new Stampin' Up catalogue... Bring it on!
What shall we do tomorrow? I have another Loads of Love Christmas card to show you but I might give you a rest from christmas! Let's see what the weather's like shall we?!
Thanks for popping in today.
Hope to see you tomorrow.