Oh the colours! It's funny how when you see the swatches of colour, you don't really know which of the colours will be your favourites, but actually I'm really excited about all the new colours - working with them feels like a holiday to me! Here, the Pear Pizzaz of the paper contrasts gorgeously with Marina Mist, Chocolate Chip and Early Espresso. Yum!
Here's how to make this card:
- Make an A5 card blank out of Marina Mist card stock.
- Cut an A6 piece of Chocolate Chip card stock and scallop the long sides with the scallop border punch. Attach to the centre of the card blank.
- Cut a piece of designer paper 14.8cm high x 8cm wide. Pierce holes down each long side and join them up with a white gel pen to form faux stitching. Fix three rows of 1/8" taffeta ribbon around the paper and attach to the Chocolate Chip panel.
- Stamp the sentiment from Perfect Punches onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock. Cut it out with the large oval punch and colour in the patterned section using Marina Mist ink and a blender pen.
- Cut out a piece of Marina Mist card stock with the square scallop punch. Mount the sentiment on top of this using dimensionals and attach it to the card front with more dimensionals.
Stamps: Perfect Punches
Ink: Early Espresso, Marina Mist
Card stock: Marina Mist, Chocolate Chip, scrap of Whisper White
Other: Greenhouse Gala designer paper, white gel pen, scallop square, scallop border and large oval punches, 1/8" taffeta ribbon in Early Espresso
I thought it would be nice to make a gift bag to coordinate with the card:
This is quite a large bag that you could fit all sorts of lovely goodies inside! It's made easily by joining two 12"x12" sheets of paper together. The Marina Mist tabs at the top of the bag have been made with the round tab punch. Holes have been punched in the tabs and Early Espresso 1/8" taffeta ribbon has been threaded through to make handles.
Well, I'm very well aware that my adoration of Greenhouse Gala is preventing me from showing you all the exciting new items in the fabulous new catalogue. I do apologise and will resolutely put my new love to one side (good thing it isn't George Clooney!) but there will almost certainly be one of my special offer packs involving Greenhouse Gala on this blog in the not too distant future!
Tomorrow, let's talk about saving space and money - always popular subjects round at our house!
See you soon