Pages

Monday 18 October 2010

Ribbon rose thank you card

I've been busy packaging lengths of  the gorgeous Stampin' Up ribbon into pretty bags ready to send out to customers who have ordered one of my Special Offer Ribbon Packs (If you haven't already ordered yours - don't miss out! Click here for details.) And this week I'll be showing you lots of projects using some of the different types and colours in the pack.


Today I have a card for you which showcases the stunning Real Red satin ribbon. I based it on FTL112 over at Clean and Simple stamping. Here's Natasha's sketch:

And here's my take on it:


The rose is made by applying a bit of Snail to the end of a piece of satin ribbon and rolling it into a bud, then winding the ribbon around it, twisting it as you go. It sounds complicated but is incredibly quick and easy. It isn't my idea, I hasten to add - there are lots of videos on youtube to help if you get stuck. The most difficult part for me was threading a needle to secure it with a stitch when I'd finished (where did I put my turbo glasses?!) 


Look how dimensional the rose is! I think it works so well with these colours for that shabby chic look which is still very popular.

How to make this card:

  • Cut a 9cm square Real Red card base.
  • Cut an 8cm square piece of Marina Mist card stock and curve all the corners with your corner rounder. Sponge the edges of the card stock with Whisper White craft ink. Stamp a sentiment in the top righthand corner using a stamp-a-majig for position. Attach to the front of the card.
  • Cut a piece of Real Red card stock 7.5cm wide x 5cm high. Scallop the wide edge with your scallop border punch. Cut a piece of designer paper 7.5cm x 3.5cm and mount it on the scalloped card stock. Attach this panel to the card front.
  • Make a ribbon rose as described above.
  • Punch two bird wings out of Wild Wasabi card stock using the two-step bird punch. Score and fold them and pop them through the crimper to make leaves. Glue the leaves to the left of the scallop and attach the rose securely with Sticky Strip - for total and utter confidence (this is my imaginary advert for Sticky Strip which I believe is one of life's essentials!)

Supplies
Stamps: Lovely as a Tree (sentiment)
Ink: Pacific Point (for sentiment), Whisper White craft ink
Card stock: Real Red, Marina Mist, Wild Wasabi
Other: About 32cm Real Red satin ribbon, Greenhouse Gala designer paper, corner rounder

I hope this card has inspired you to get your ribbons out for a play!

Now, talking of inspiration, I had the most wonderful day in Bicester at a Stampin' Up training event yesterday. My lovely friend and upline Michelle organises these events regularly and lots of demonstrators get together and bring our guests and spend a day of crafting and fun. It was great to get together with old friends and meet new ones and be inspired by some truly talented crafters. Thanks to everyone and hope to see you soon!

As for my Star Wars experience - it doesn't get any better than curling up on the sofa next to the world's two most handsome boys (My sons - not George Clooney and Brad Pitt!) listening to Luke Skywalker's agonised "Noooooooooo!" when Darth Vader tells him he's his father. My favourite bit though has to be at the end when Darth Vader chucks the emperor down the generator shaft: he turns to look at the emperor, turns back to Luke, then back to the emperor... it's a helmet for goodness sake but it conveys such emotion! That helmet deserved an oscar!

Thank you so much for visiting me today. Do pop back tomorrow if you have a minute, when I'll be showing you a little gift set I made for one of my lovely friends.
Hope to see you then,

10 comments:

  1. Wow Vicky, that is one amazing rose. I love the whole card but what a focal point. Fabulous!
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The rose looks really real, Vicky. Looks awesome.
    Janna

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is just gorgeous :)Love the rose.....awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Jedi powers at crafting have done you proud again - fabulous card, that rose is stunning - Jacqueline xx.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fabulous! Your rose is stunning and as you say, looks complicated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty, Vicky! The rose really makes the card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vicky

    This is a stunning card - the rose makes such an impact.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love your take on Natasha's sketch, Vicky -- and your ribbon rose is absolutely perfect! Great colors and perfect execution on your card. I keep telling myself to try one of those ribbon roses. You may have pushed me over the edge now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card with wonderful rose.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sublime card ! So simple but so eye-catching. Love your photography too.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)