This stamp set is, in my opinion, the best stamp set in the current catalogue! It's seems quite pricey at £32.95 but the set contains nine fabulous stamps which work out at £3.66 each, so it's actually a complete bargain!
What do you think of this colour scheme - Always Artichoke, Marina Mist and Concord Crush? Yum! I stamped the large plant directly onto the designer paper, which gives a softer look than stamping onto card stock, and then cut the smaller flowers out and layered them over the top. And yes, it WAS fiddly to cut out those flowers but didn't they teach you at school that just because something is hard doesn't mean you shouldn't do it?!!
How to make this card:
(I made it to fit a 14.5cm square envelope)
- Cut an 8.5cm x 9cm piece of the Patterns designer paper in Marina Mist. Scallop the 9cm length with the scallop trim border punch so that you end up with an 8.5cm square.
- Colour the large plant image with markers and stamp directly onto the DP.
- Mount the DP onto a 9cm square of Always Artichoke card stock and decorate with Concord Crush ribbon tied into a flat knot.
- Colour the small flowers image with markers and stamp onto a scrap of Whisper White. Cut this out with sharp paper snips and layer over the other stamped image.
- Stamp the sentiment and cut out with the word window punch.
- Decorate with an self-adhesive pearl.
- Cut a 13cm x 26cm piece of Whisper White card stock. Score and fold in half to make a card base. Attach the focal panel to the card front.
Stamps: Just Believe, Happy Moments (retired Sale-a-bration 2010 set)
Ink: Always Artichoke
Card stock: Whisper White, Always Artichoke
Other: Patterns designer paper stack in Subtles, Poly-stitched ribbon in Concord Crush, scallop trim border, word window punch, Basic pearls, markers
The sentiment I used in this card was in one of last year's free Sale-a-bration sets and has been SO useful. A girl can never have too many sentiment stamps (not to mention diamonds, shoes, chocolates etc)! This year, there's another Sale-a-bration sentiment stamp set as well as three other gorgeous sets. Click here to see them and find out how you can get hold of them FREE! If you love the Just Believe set, why not order it from me today? You could buy the unmounted set (£25.95) with the border trim punch (£14.25) and a packet of self adhesive pearls (£4.50), which will come to £44.70, and you'd be able to add one of the free sets to your shopping bag! I am always happy to help with your orders - just click here to email me.
Can you believe that it's Thursday tomorrow?! I can't imagine how that happened so quickly but I do hope you'll join me for Three Minute Thursday when I'll be showcasing a speedy valentine.
Until then, happy crafting!