If you don't have Just Believe, I really REALLY recommend it! I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed using it this week - and all the cards are so different from one another. The floral circle image in the set is gorgeous and cuts out perfectly with the 1 1/4" circle punch. It would make a gorgeous little tag but today I sewed them onto a card base to make a pretty background.
The flowers are the smallest flower on the Boho Blossoms punch - another must-have in my opinion! I used Rose Red to add a bit of stronger colour to the card and added a pretty self-adhesive pearl to the flower centres.
It's easy to colour this pretty box image with markers and it makes a lovely strong base for you to add a sentiment with a stamp-a-majig. I distressed the edges of the card stock with my fingernail - which does nothing for my manicure! Must get the distressing kit... I've found that Pink Pirouette works well when sponging Very Vanilla card stock.
Here's how to make this card:
- Stamp ten floral circles, using inks in spring colours (stamp off if necessary), and cut them out with a 1 1/4" circle punch.
- Score and fold an A5 piece of Very Vanilla card stock to make a card base. Fix the circles in a rectangle shape on the card front using a dot of Tombow. Sew round the rectangle shape to fix the circles more firmly to the card stock securing the ends of the cotton with tape. Glue an A6 piece of Very Vanilla card stock to the underside of the card front to hide the stitching.
- Cut a 7.5cm x 5cm piece of Very Vanilla card stock. Colour the leafy box image with markers and use a stamp-a-majig to stamp it in the centre of the card stock. Use the stamp-a-majig again to add a sentiment to the box. Distress the edges of the card stock and sponge with Pink Pirouette ink. Attach the panel to the card front with dimensionals.
- Cut leaves out of Certainly Celery card stock, using the two-step bird punch, and flowers out of Rose Red card stock, using the Boho Blossoms punch. Use these to decorate the distressed panel.
- Finish the flowers with self-adhesive pearls.
Stamps: Just Believe
Ink: Perfect Plum, So Saffron, Certainly Celery, Baja Breeze
Card stock: Very Vanilla, Certainly Celery, Rose Red
Other: Markers, self-adhesive pearls
Well, it's Friday and time to prepare for the weekend. If you have some time this weekend, maybe it's a good time to start Valentine or Easter projects or even to start a birthday card stash for the year. Perhaps you'd like to add a new stamp set to your collection...? Well, you couldn't pick a better time as you'll get a free Sale-a-bration stamp set with every £45 you spend with me until 28th February. Click here to see the choice of free sets. If you'd like to know more, or would like to place an order, click here to email me or give me a call on 01280 820593.
Whatever you're doing this weekend, I hope the sun shines on you!
See you next week for more crafting fun,