I made the tone-on-tone background by stamping the big flower image twice using my stamp-a-majig to position it. The straight line at the bottom helps to ground all the other elements of the card.
But this is my favourite bit! Some people don't like cutting things out but I always think it's worth it if you have time. These delicate flowers were cut from the circular image in the set and decorated with the self-adhesive pearls. I always like a little linen thread on my cards too - this was just threaded through a hole made with my paper piercer and tied in a bow.
Just look at all the beautiful images in this set and imagine what you could do with them! The set is available wood mounted (£32.95) or unmounted (£25.95) and you get nine stamps in the set. This works out at just £3.66 for each wood mounted stamp and £2.88 for the unmounted ones. These are deep-etched, quality stamps and I cannot get over the value you get for your money! And don't forget when you spend £45 with me, you'll also get to choose one of the four free Sale-a-bration stamp sets too! (Click here to see the free sets and for more details.) It's easy to order from me - just click here to email me your order or phone me on 01280 820593 - and you can pay by credit card, cheque, paypal or bank transfer.
Here's how to make this card:
- Cut an A5 sheet of Crumb Cake card stock. Score and fold in half to make a card base.
- Using Crumb Cake ink, stamp the large flower image twice, side by side, using the stamp-a-majig for accurate positioning.
- Colour the label stamp with markers - I used Wild Wasabi for the plant and Early Espresso for the frame - and stamp onto Very Vanilla card stock.
- Stamp the circular image three times using Baja Breeze ink on Very Vanilla card stock. Using sharp paper snips, cut the large flower out of each, leaving a Baja Breeze border around them. Attach to the flower heads on the label using dimensionals and decorate the centres with self adhesive pearls.
- Pierce a hole to the left of the plant. Thread with linen thread and tie into a bow.
- Stamp a sentiment with Early Espresso ink on Baja Breeze card stock and cut out with the word window punch. Glue to the card front.
Stamps: Just Believe
Ink: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Baja Breeze
Card stock: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze
Other: Word window punch, markers, self adhesive pearls, linen thread
I posted this rather late today. The reason for this is that the light is so bad here today that I was having extreme difficulty getting reasonable photos! Still, got there in the end by hanging upside down over the back of the sofa with the camera jammed under my left ear and my right arm round the back of my head. Well that's what it felt like anyway. My family are used to it now and they just walk past sighing heavily and shaking their heads.
Have a happy first day of February!
See you tomorrow with more Just Believe ideas.