Pages

Thursday 17 March 2011

Three Minute Thursday - using Notably Ornate

Good morning! It's time for another Three Minute Thursday, my weekly series of super-fast cards for those with limited crafting time. If you've been reading my blog over the last few days, you may have noticed that I've become fixated with Notably Ornate. Surely, you may be thinking, a vintage-style set like that will take longer than three minutes to turn into a card! But look:


This is what you get using just the frame image and a stamp-a-majig! I think it's rather striking stamped in Basic Black on Very Vanilla. I used the stamp-a-majig again to create the sentiment - the word 'just' is from the Hostess set Afterthoughts and 'a note' comes from Thank You Kindly.

Hostess sets are exclusive stamp sets available free to those that hold a stamping party. It really is well worth having a party because as well as being great fun, you get to choose freebies from the catalogue as well as your free stamp set, depending on orders. If you live in the Buckingham area (or somewhere vaguely near!) I'd be delighted to come and help you with a party - just drop me an email and I'll get in touch. If you can't have a party, you might be interested in becoming a 'virtual' hostess by joining my Stampers' 6 club - click here for details.

Here's how to make today's card:
  • Take an A5 piece of Very Vanilla card stock and score and fold in half to make a card base.
  • Stamp a pattern using the frame image, Basic Black ink and the all-important stamp-a-majig.
  • Stamp a sentiment. TIP: Use a Pacific Point marker to colour parts of two or more sentiment stamps and use a stamp-a-majig to position them.
Supplies
Stamps: Notably Ornate, Afterthoughts (hostess set), Thank You Kindly
Ink: Basic Black
Card stock: Very Vanilla
Other: Pacific Point marker

I dived into a supermarket today to buy some box files (in a vain effort to be more organised!) When I went to pay for them I was a little vexed to be sent off to customer service - apparently there was no bar code on them. But I'm glad I did because, while I was there, I overheard the lady next to me say: "I've just paid for my broccoli and I notice that the cashier has put them through as courgettes... Is that right?" which amused me no end. In the past I've been asked "what are these?" by a bewildered young girl at the cash desk when buying loose garden peas! Children get to grow vegetables and flowers at primary school now but I believe there's a whole generation of people who have no idea what unprepared vegetables look like!

Can you believe that it's Friday tomorrow? I shall have a special project to show you then involving home-baked goodies! Hope to see you then,

6 comments:

  1. Well, a 3 min card is a winner in my book lol! I love the beautiful ornate frame, it's so decorative in itself it really doesn't need any embellishing. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats a very clever use of the image and just right for a not card too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card...........and so fast too!!!:O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fast and easy card. Love the colour contrast image and sentiment and wonderful stamping :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely a good use for such an ornate stamp. Looks great! I can relate to your supermarket story... nearly every time I buy rhubarb I get a totally bewildered look from the cashier. Like "is this red celery?" Oh, now I'm in the mood for a sweet yet tart rhubarb crisp. Wonder if there's rhubarb in the grocery stores yet? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh Vicky you certainly think out of the box, love it.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)