Pages

Tuesday 21 June 2011

Growing Green roses!

Oh dear! I just can't leave the Growing Green set alone! Today I made another birthday card using the rose image. Come and have a look:


Now this may look a bit like this design that I showed you last week but it uses a different technique. I stamped the rose image onto Confetti White card stock, using Rich Razzleberry ink, and washed the colour into the petals using an aqua painter. When this had completely dried, I added the leaves and then sponged over the whole card with Bashful Blue ink.


Here's a close-up to show you the purplish tinge you get when the blue ink brushes over the Razzleberry - quite subtle but I rather like it.


I stamped a stitched frame in Cherry Cobbler ink using one of the stamps I made from the In Stitches wheel (see here for how I did it!) and then sponged the edges of the card front with a touch of Rose Red ink. The sentiment is from one of this year's Sale-a-bration sets, retired now.

Supplies needed for this project:
Stamps: Growing Green, Vintage Vogue, So Happy For You (retired), 
Ink: Rich Razzleberry, Bashful Blue, Cherry Cobbler, Rose Red, Basic Black
Card stock: Confetti White
Other: In Stitches wheel
You can buy any of these supplies from me and I can have them delivered to your door. Just send me an email or give me a call on 01280 820593.

I might just have finished making things with Growing Green for the time being because my friendly UPS man has just delivered a box which contains a certain French Foliage set that I've had my eye on for ages! Or perhaps I can combine both... now there's a thought! Thank you for looking at my card today and if you'd like to pop back tomorrow, I'm sure I'll have something a bit leafy going on!

18 comments:

  1. Hi Vicky
    Lovely ...lovely card....can`t wait till tomorrow....
    hugs sylvie 2am here so must creep into bed quietly....
    hugs
    sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning card, Vicky! I need to try this technique. I love the result.

    Oh, how I wish I were receiving things in the mail! I hope our strike/lockout is over SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  3. REally pretty card Vicky - the roses look so soft and you can almost smell them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautiful card Vicky. Can't wait to see what you create with the french foliage. I too have just got this set in my lastest order and I love it! Particularly the ink sploge and french script stamps!!
    Hugs, Victoria ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha ha knew you wouldn't be able to resist the FF! Can't wait to see what you do with it. Love your rose card - my order for the Growing Green set will be with you soon! - Jacqueline xx.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely Vicky. I dont have this set but my Mum does. So I keep sneaking it out of her house to play with (although she is out of the country for a month so maybe I'll take possession of it indefinitely ;0) Do you use a dauber for sponging? Or do you use a make up sponge? You are an inspiration ;0) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL ... funny how we get our favourite stamp sets ... isn't it! Lovely! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another beautiful card using this set! I understand why it's one of your favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Vicky... love it. Love the roses and colouring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Vicky, your card is really beautiful. That is why I love this hobby so much. Working with stamps and color without embellishments on it. Thank you for your inspiration.
    Heike

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a pretty card Vicky, love the effects
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning card Vicky, love the colours you've made mixing the inks. the stitched border is so realistic :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You do such a brilliant job with this set, don't even think of leaving it alone. Keep inspiring us

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another beautiful card, I love your style of card making. Soft gentle colours, with gorgeous flowers and background.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card Vicky, the flowers are so pretty :o) Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautifull card Vicky lovely colours Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG I love this ! What a fabulous technique just beautiful must give this a go

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)