Sponged one-layer cards are probably my favourites to make so I had great fun with this shoreline scene. I chose to use Confetti Cream card stock again because I thought the speckles would work well with this theme.
The beautiful shell image is from the Nature's Nest set and I love it! I coloured it with markers before stamping onto the card stock, then used a blender pen to pull the colour out. The shells were masked while I sponged in some sand and sea and then I used an old stiff paintbrush to stipple Whisper White craft ink between the two. Brilliant fun!
I highlighted the centre of the card with an embossed frame made with my fiskars trimmer and a bone folder - not very sophisticated but it works! The corner of the frame makes a nice little home for a sentiment. I thought this card would be ideal for thanking neighbours who are looking after your pets or garden while you're on holiday!
Here's how to make this card:
- Take an A5 piece of Confetti Cream card stock. Score and fold it in half to make a card base.
- Colour the shell stamp with Sahara Sand and Blushing Bride markers and stamp a design on the card front.
- Stamp the shell again on the sticky part of a post-it note and cut it out to make a mask.
- Mask the shells while sponging sand using So Saffron ink and use a piece of torn scrap paper to mask off the shoreline. Add definition with a touch of Tangerine Tango ink.
- Sponge in the sea with Baja Breeze ink using the torn paper to create a ripple effect.
- Stipple Whisper White craft ink between sand and sea.
- Score a frame on the inside of the card front so that the raised line shows on the outside. I scored my lines 2cm in from each edge.
- Add a sentiment in Basic Grey ink, using a stamp-a-majig to make sure it's straight.
Stamps: Nature's Nest, Thank You Kindly
Ink: So Saffron, Tangerine Tango, Baja Breeze, Basic Grey, Whisper White craft ink
Card stock: Confetti Cream
Other: Sahara Sand and Blushing Bride markers
Making this card made me think longingly of long, hot summers, feeling the sand between my toes and the warmth of the sun on my shoulders. What I wouldn't give to be whisked away to a sun-kissed beach somewhere! Oh well, since there's a fat chance of that, I suppose I'd better shake my brolly out for the school run!
Thank you so much for popping in today and I promise to have that coordinated gift set here tomorrow!
Hope to see you then,