Pages

Thursday 23 June 2011

Three Minute Thursday - French Foliage

Good morning! It's Thursday and that means something speedy in my weekly series of three-minute cards! I 'm very excited about the cards I'm showing you today because they use what I am beginning to realise could be my favourite Stampin' Up stamp set of all time! (and that is a very big claim indeed...) Come and see what I've been up to:


Yes, I've been using my new French Foliage set - in fact it hasn't been back in its box since it arrived! This is a very quick way to make a card: mask off a rectangle, sponge inside and stamp over the top. Add a sentiment and you have a card - and one that is easy to post too!


Here's a close-up of the stamping. I've made little masks for my leaves, which I'm keeping in the stamp box for future use, and I used them here so that the text would flow round them. I've tried these stamps in shades of green and they look fabulous, but I thought it would be fun to be a little inventive with colour today! So for this one I used Marina Mist and Not Quite Navy with a touch of Early Espresso but, being me, I couldn't just leave it there...


... so here's another one, this time stamped in delicious shades of Elegant Eggplant and Perfect Plum!

Supplies you need to make the blue card:
Stamps: French Foliage, Thank You Kindly
Ink: Early Espresso, Marina Mist, Not Quite Navy
Card stock: Whisper White
Other: Stamp-a-majig
You can buy any of these supplies from me and I can have them delivered to your address in the UK. Just send me an email or give me a call on 01280 820593.

While I was typing this, a little green leaf-like creature landed on my keyboard causing me to leap into the air in quite an athletic way! I'd been tackling the front hedge with my clippers this morning as it was threatening to take over the house, and I must have brought my little friend inside with me. All in all, it's been a pretty leafy day!

I can't help feeling there might be one or two (or eighteen...) more French Foliage cards on the way but please do let me know if you're getting fed up with them! Thank you so much for visiting me today. I'll be back tomorrow if you fancy popping back then.

17 comments:

  1. Just lovely Vicki! ....but you say that about ALL the sets! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully simple, great for a guy's thank you card, and I love it in the plum shades.

    ReplyDelete
  3. brilliant cards and just what is needed cards that can be posted with a normal stamp keep up the good work Vicky Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are beautiful Vicky, but I love the blue one, very manly. A xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicky, you always come up with something special with your stamp sets and make them all the more desirable! These are fab. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see why you love it Vicky but then any stamp in the hands of the master look perfect to me. Your cards are always so beautifully created am well and truly jel of your fab techniques and your eye for composition.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fantastic cards Vicky.I wont ever get fed up of what you do,even when you use the same set as each card is very different,and the techniques are so diverse.
    I look forward to your blog every day.
    Thanks for sharing your GURU knowledge with us lesser mortals. Bev. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vicky
    Fabby cards as usual...love the purple one ....
    Enjoy your Day.....
    Hugs
    sylvie
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can't wait to get this set and this gives me an idea for a card I've been struggling with! BTW, I finally rescued my daughter's Growing Green set. Her DH had put her stamps in the attic! It looks ok despite all the heat we have had. Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. they are beautiful, I got my copy of this set last night. Looking forward to playing at the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. REally super - I particularly like the blue version. I can see why you like the set!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Vicky, I love your one layer collage effect you've made with the stamps.
    Jenny :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just lovely....I think I need to teach my club girls some reverse masking!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so itching to stamp!!! Your masked cards have me drooling! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab cards again, still reading all your little comments about your children at the end of posts and laughing...............am still on this site !!!!! :O) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)