Pages

Wednesday 31 August 2011

Out of the cage

Oh how fantastic to be creating again! It was wonderful to have a complete rest but I really do miss it when I don't craft. I'm still trying to catch up with everything but the challenge over at Make My Monday really caught my eye. It's to make a card on the theme 'things with wings' using this beautiful inspiration photo.

Come and see what I've done with it:


I rather liked the white and pink against the dark background so the Always Artichoke card stock was my starting point along with the gorgeous birdcage from Nature Walk which I embossed in white. I stamped leaves (from the tree in Hopeful Thoughts) over the top to add a bit of detail to the background.


I needed a bird as my Thing With Wings and what better bird than the one from the hostess set Silhouette Sentiments! She's also embossed in white giving her a dove-like appearance. You can see in this photo how I added a little So Saffron ink to the top of the Artichoke card stock to tie in with the photo, and can you see the pearl embellishing the top of the cage? I used a medium one from the Basic Pearls sheet for that and some of the tiny ones to decorate the centres of my flowers.


I am a huge fan of this flower punch from the Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack - and here's another way to use it: snipping between the petals gives the flowers this delicate, dimensional look. I was also rather pleased with the subtle sort of lacy look at the bottom of the Artichoke panel - it's been sponged with Whisper White craft ink and then over-stamped with an image from Baroque Motifs.

Supplies needed for this card:
Stamps: Nature Walk, Hopeful Thoughts, Baroque Motifs, Silhouette Sentiments, Happy Moments (retired sentiment)
Ink: Always Artichoke, Basic Black, So Saffron, Whisper White craft ink, versamark ink
Card stock: Whisper WhiteAlways Artichoke, Pink Pirouette, Pretty In Pink, Regal Rose
Other: Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack, Basic Pearls, white embossing powder, heat tool, piercing tool, mat pack, white gel pen
You can buy any of these supplies from me and I can have them delivered to your address in the UK. Just send me an email or give me a call on 01280 820593 and I'll be happy to help.

Don't forget today's the last day to get your free gift with an order of £75!

What on earth has happened to the weather? I have been wearing boots and jumpers since I got back from Devon and yesterday the heating went on - although that probably had something to do with a certain young person leaving the door open!

Thanks for visiting me today. I'll be back tomorrow and would be very pleased if you'd join me again!


31 comments:

  1. Your card is stunning, Vicky! I love your bird cage with the white embossing, and those pretty flowers with sweet pearl centres are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicky
    Happy you had a good Hol....fabulous card....and love those little flowers....
    hugs sylvie
    still hot here Vicky....
    Hugs sylvie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is breathtakingly beautiful, Vicky! I love everything about it, especially the grey and pinks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Vicky, I love that vintage birdcage theme, you have taken some wonderful inspiration and created a real beauty. Stunning!

    And the weather is seriously raining on my parade! We were in Staffordshire 2 weeks ago, and were stunned to see the leaves turning colour already on the trees, and were shocked when we got home to find the same thing here, unbelievabl! In August! Looks like we are in for a long autumn/winter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vicky - just one word for this card - beautiful!! I love everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Vicky, this looks almost 3D - beautiful card. And yes it's FREEZING isn't it, but rest assured a heatwave will be on it's way after Monday when I go back to work!!
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vicky, this is gorgeous! Love it, love it, love it. The over-stamped white sponged area is beautiful, and I love all the little flowers (not to mention the bejewelled, embossed, birdcage).

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Always Artichoke and pale pinks go together really well. A totally classy card. The temp has certainly dipped up here, very autumnal! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful and delicate.

    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  10. Back to sunshine here in Cornwall, in the last week of the holidays, better late than never!!
    I didn't like this set because the bird was too big for the cage, but you've just made me love it!! Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Vicky this is just so beautiful!! Love this white birdcage, so elegant!
    Hugs, Victoria ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  12. I feel a CASE coming on - this card is breathtaking Vicky, I so need to make this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is simply stunning Vicky - love the dark background with the sweet little flowers layered on top. Thank you so much for joining in with the challenge at Make My Monday - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Vicky... love this , it's stunning. The white embossing is beautiful.
    Happy to see you at The Make My Monday Challenge
    Suzi b xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. You should take a break more often if this is what you come up with when you get back to crafting! It's gorgeous, I love everything about it. As I think I may have mentioned once or twice before you are very, very clever and annoyingly also very nice!
    Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Vicky

    Wow your card is amazing and so beautiful. I love the colours they blend do well together.
    The contrast of white is perfect.

    lyuv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful and I like the way your birdcage and flowers stand out from the dark background

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is stunning, I love it (and it's cold here too, in North Derbyshire!)

    ReplyDelete
  19. The white embossing is a nice touch. Love those delicate flowers with their pearly centers.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is just beautiful. Those gorgeous pink flowers just pop off the darker background. Love it! Ann

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wish me luck as I am off to Devon this weekend..so hope it brightens up:) Nice to see you back this week at Make My Monday. Adore everything about your card. The white embossing really does "pop" against the dark background. Super!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I hadn't thought to emboss this birdcage in white. What a wonderful idea! And the white dove and punched flowers are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Vicky this absolutely breath taking I adore that stamp and the way you have used it is just sensational. Your embossing is fantastic and the beautiful colour and those lovely little flowers are jist divine.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Welcome back, your card is simply wonderful, as usual I love everything about it. It certainly fits in with the theme set by Make My Monday. Thanks Caz

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous card Vicky. Really love the embossed cage and bird against the lovely background and the punched flowers look beautiful.
    Thanks so much for joining in again at Make My Monday and for the continued support which means such a lot.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love this card.
    I have cased it for my mother's birthday card.
    Thanks for the inspriration.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I think this is the most beautiful card I've seen to date! Thanks for sharing your creativity!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)