Pages

Friday 14 October 2011

Petite Pennant Christmas tree

Life has been a little bit on the hectic side lately but I've come up for air! And that means that I can join in with another of my favourite challenges - One layer Wednesday. The brief is to create a one-layer card incorporating something triangular - it could be a triangular stamp or elements on the card arranged in a triangle... This immediately reminded me of this speedy card I made last week when I sponged Christmas trees through a template made with the Petite Pennants punch. I had another idea for the template...


This kind of card really attracts me - an image stamped in a corner and acres of white space to draw the eye to it. Come and have a closer look:


Pear Pizzazz ink was sponged through the template, then the pine tree from Lovely as a Tree stamped over the top in Old Olive. I really like how textured it makes the tree!  After adding the tree trunk from Trendy Trees, I held some torn paper over the tip of the trunk and sponged Bashful Blue ink over it, creating the suggestion of a snowy slope. The Merry Christmas sentiment from Petite Pairs was just the right size for my scene and I liked the way the point of the tree fitted into the space created by the two words. The rhinestone on top of the tree emphasises the triangular shape of the stamped elements.

Supplies needed for this card:
Stamps: Lovely as a Tree, Trendy Trees, Petite Pairs
Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Old Olive, Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Bashful Blue
Card stock: Naturals Ivory
Other: Pennant punch, Basic rhinestones, stamp-a-majig
You can buy any of these supplies from me and I can have them delivered to your address in the UK. Just send me an email or give me a call on 01280 820593. 


It's the weekend again and I've just remembered - I didn't tell you about the handmade and vintage fair at Olney I visited with my lovely friend Caroline last weekend. Olney is such a beautiful town with interesting architecture and gorgeous little boutiques and one-of-a-kind shops. We browsed those - along with this interesting-looking lady on the right... it must be so difficult getting matching footwear when you have feet like hers!

The fair was small but busy and full of wonderful nostalgic finds as well as handmade items with a vintage feel. I bought this lovely knitted handbag - just right for the autumn; and Caroline bought some fabulous vintage fabric which she plans to use to make some handmade items of her own. She creates the most wonderful pieces made from fabric - do check out her Etsy and Folksy stores for beautiful gift ideas and prepare to be wowed!

There's a different kind of fair coming to Buckingham this weekend - one with big dippers and dodgems! Oh dear...

Hope you have a great weekend and I'll see you very soon,

16 comments:

  1. It's silly o'clock and I'm still up!
    Just had to say love this lone tree, the stamped texture is so realistic and the placement is perfect:)
    Now I'm really going to have to re-think this triangle challenge as there'll be a whole heap of trees!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea to sponge the tree and add the branches from Lovely as a Tree! And it's a triangle in a triangle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this V !! You are SO very clever!! The "Sheep in Boots" made me LOL and your bag is just gorgeous too- I was hoping you had made it yourself so I could ask for the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicky,
    Love this technique and notice you use it a lot but with very different and exciting results. Do you ever make use of the frame after you have finished stamping ?
    Have a great weekend and thank you for the inspiration !
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific Christmas card.

    LOVE the look of your new bag too.

    Hugs, Sandra

    PS: I'm IN!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are my uber-inspiration for cas cards, Vicky! Aewsome. And I love the photo of the sheep! Have a great weekend, Janna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely love this Vicky (might have to pinch this idea!) Have a good weekend
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card-and what a fabulous sheep in boots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another stunning CAS card Vicky! Love the texture on the tree! Have a great weekend!
    Hugs, Victoria ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  10. So simple, yet so sweet. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfection!! You are just so clever, Vicky. Thank you for sharing your lovely ideas xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that sheep in her wellies and the bag you bought is great, lovely autumn colours. I like craft fairs not roller coaster ones!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, our OLW cards are very similar ... except yours is elegant and mine is folksy ... but same concept!! I love the blue behind your tree. Going to have to give that a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG, Vicky! This is fantastic! I love it! And I have the right tools to CASE it, yay! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic clean and simple card and i love your new bag the fair sounds like it was great fun great picture of the sheep Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)