Pages

Friday 23 March 2012

Spiced Paisley one sheet wonder

Regular readers of my blog will know that I'm all about 'quick' really; I lack the patience to create time-consuming projects, mainly because when I have an idea in my head, I need to see it NOW! I only mention this because today's card is quite a major project for me! Come and have a look:


The starting point was a background. I stamped an A4 sheet of Whisper White card stock with the medium paisley image from Spiced Paisley using versamark ink, then filled the gaps with the smallest flower image. The whole sheet was then sponged with Marina Mist, Lucky Limeade and Wisteria Wonder inks. The versamark pattern resists the water-based ink without embossing. Embossing would make it crisper, but I wanted a dreamy feel to this card (and anyway, it's much quicker this way!)


I cut the background into ten equal pieces and decorated each piece with some ruffled ribbon, a scalloped piece of card stock, some die cut swirls and a layered flower.


The flower was made by stamping the two smaller flower images from Spiced Paisley into some Marina Mist card stock, cutting them out using circle punches, sponging the edges with Concord Crush ink and fastening them together with a Circle Ice brad. I thought the ornate 'thanks' sentiment worked perfectly with the swirly theme of the card.


The decorated panels were mounted onto Naturals Ivory card bases - and there we are, ten thank you cards for some lovely ladies!

By the way, if you're a fan of the Spiced Paisley stamp set, do remember that it won't be around for much longer - all the items in the spring mini catalogue are only available until the end of April. Oh and the Sale-a-bration promotion is nearly over too, so if you'd like to take advantage of all those lovely freebies, there's only a week left to do so!

Here's what you'll need to make today's card:
Stamps: Spiced Paisley, Thank You Kindly
Ink: Marina Mist, Lucky Limeade, Wisteria Wonder, Concord Crush
Card stock: Naturals Ivory, Whisper White, Lucky Limeade, Concord Crush, Marina Mist
Other: Scallop trim border punch, 1 1/4" and 3/4" circle punches, Swirls Scribbles sisslits die, Big Shot, Lucky Limeade ruffled ribbon, Circle Ice brads, stamp-a-majig
I'd be delighted to order any of these items for you and can have them delivered to your address in the UK. I'm committed to providing excellent customer service and am always happy to offer help and advice. To place your order, just send me an email or give me a call on 01280 820593.
As part of the Sale-a-bration promotion, here until 31st March, you can choose a free stamp set or set of papers with EVERY £45 you spend. Click here to see all the fabulous Sale-a-bration freebies.

I can just imagine you holding your sides laughing at the very idea of me calling this project 'major' so I shall now slink off in shame! I'll be back very soon though and hope you'll come back too. Have a fabulous weekend,


27 comments:

  1. Hi Vicky
    Wow this is gorgeous and the result is amazing ....i must CAS THIS ....LOVE IT ....
    Hope you are well vicky....
    Hugs sylvie
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card IS dreamy! The colors are fantastic and I love the swirly bit behind the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you have recovered by now from your "major" project! Lol!If not, sit down with a cup of tea and think about how clever you are! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous Vicky! What a beautiful sheet of patterned paper you created! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fabulous colours. "Dreamy" really is the word!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely design Vicki! A great way to whip up a batch of cards!
    Hugs, Victoria ~x~

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful Vicky, I had no idea that Versamark resisted ink without heat embossing!! Will definitely have to give this one a go!
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card ! It took me back to the 70's when I owned a skinny rib jumper in just these colours, but that is where the similarity ends ! I adore the flower and love the pop of green - just gorgeous !
    Have a great weekend !
    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty, love the colours, and just enough embellishment to give it a WOW! Helen (Sydney)

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely... I'd not realised the versamark resisted ink without embossing, makes a lovely soft background - I must give this a go... I've visions of butterflies and summer sky colours x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - these are so COOL!! Beautiful, Vicky. Super-impressed with your production line of gorgeous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are fabulous! You'll be seeing swirls in your sleep soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Vicky it's definitely dreamy. Love the background and it's a super way to make a set of cards. The topper elements suit the style perfectly. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Vicky

    Fabulous batch of cards. The clours blend so well with the paisley stamp. I love your little embellishments.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm with you on the 'quick' side! These cards are gorgeous, I haven't done that technique in a long while, time to go back to it I think. Well done, yesterday's cards made me want to play with that set too but time wasn't on my side!

    ReplyDelete
  16. They're gorgeous Vicky - and even if it was a 'major' project it was definitely worth it!
    have a good weekend
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This would be 'major' for me too. Certainly worth it - love the background so vibrant and I so love paisley! :)x

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are a girl after my own heart Vicky, I only 'do' quick also, plus I don't like anything too fussy. This set is GORGEOUS, I love the colours, the font of the sentimentand and the versamark effect.
    Surely there must be a challenge you can enter these into?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous stamped background, fabulous colours. I love your flower Vicky:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are gorgeous, Vicky, I love the depth of colour and the simplicity of the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is one beautiful sheet of dp you've created! The colours are gorgeous, and so vibrant. Stunning cards as well!

    Maria x

    ReplyDelete
  22. These cards are beautiful. The resist technique is so versalite and very effective. I love the colours you have chosen. I love mine! x x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the muted colours of the background over the white paisley pattern.
    They're just so pretty :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! A stunning set of cards! Love the touches of ribbon and the homemade flowers. You should enter this at the Moxie Fab home made embellishments challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love these, gorgeous colours, gorgous cards.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful work Vicky and yes it looks major to me, lots of lovely techniques here and fabulous stamping and gorgeous colours.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)