Pages

Wednesday 18 April 2012

Fruit and Flowers hello

(Edited to say: Sorry this is so late - I was out this morning and dear old Mr Blogger was obviously having a scheduling blip!)

One of my favourite sets from the soon-to-retire spring mini catalogue is Fruit and Flowers. I've found myself returning to it time and again and its versatility has astonished me. Here's a note card I made when I was experimenting with the beautiful large flowers in the set:


The flowers look as if they've been stamped using the rock 'n' roll technique don't they? Well actually, I  just inked the image up in Regal Rose and added a little darker colour to the edges of the rubber with a Melon Mambo marker. It's the way to get the rock 'n rolled look but without getting your stamps all inky!



And here's a close up. I love the way these gorgeous designer brads fit so perfectly in the centres of the flowers!


Have you noticed the designer paper the sentiment strip is matted onto? It's another lovely floral from Beyond the Garden, one of the ranges you can get for free this month with an order of £45 or more. The leaf overlapping it is from the two step bird punch - surely one of the most useful punches ever made!

Here's what you'll need to make today's card:
Stamps: Fruit and Flowers, retired sentiment
Ink: Certainly Celery, Wild Wasabi, Regal Rose, Melon Mambo, Bashful Blue
Card stock: Whisper White, Certainly Celery
Other: Markers, Beyond the Garden designer paper, designer brads, two step bird punch
I'd be delighted to order any of these items for you and can have them delivered to your address in the UK. I'm committed to providing excellent customer service and am always happy to offer help and advice. To place your order, just send me an email or give me a call on 01280 820593. And don't forget to add a free pack of designer paper if your order is £45 or more (Offer limited to one pack per qualifying order - click here for details).

What a morning I had yesterday! Once I'd taken my youngest off to school, I clicked into Chore mode. It was pouring with rain and blowing up a gale but I was determined to get things done quickly and efficiently: shop at supermarket, send parcel at post office, order book for son at library, collect re-heeled shoes... The minute I put my umbrella up, it turned inside out and the ensuing struggle must have provided plenty of entertainment for Buckingham residents. I gave up after a while and resigned myself to getting drenched. Of course, no sooner did I struggle indoors with three heavy bags of shopping and a comedy hairstyle than the sun came out, birds began to sing and I felt that the weather might just as well have placed its thumb on its nose and waggled its fingers at me! Grrrrr!

If you like to make stylish cards really fast, then why not come and see what I've made for Three Minute Thursday tomorrow? Hope to see you then,



21 comments:

  1. So pretty Vicky, I love the pink and green and the spotty brad is just perfect ! Hope you and your umbrella have recovered from your ordeal ! LOL !

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty. Love the way you did the flowers and the design is great!
    Cute story about the umbrella.....I can relate as it happens to me at times too! LOL!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful flowers and I love the little stem on the outside of the band! Beautiful Spring colors. Hopefully the sun will keep on shining for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card, love the flowers and your tip is fab for stampers, love the leaf stem and the lovely paper to highlight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wondered where you had got too!!
    Super dimension on those petals and I love the branch as a leaf stem too :0)
    The picture you conjured up in my mind of you yesterday morning had me smiling.
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful card Vicky, I love the flowers especially the colour, and that gorgeous design paper.

    It's still raining !!!!
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know how you feel, I've been decidedly wet and windswept today too!
    What a very pretty card. I am so impressed with all the beautiful handmade items so many bloggers produce. My skills lie more in the realm of dressing up and larking about in wigs, as you know... Thank you for your comments on my blog, Vicky, I appreciate that you drop by and are amused by my foolishness!
    Love Curtise xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautifully stamped, constructed, and very pretty card, Vicky.
    Just typical, that you were wind swept and rained on, and then it cleared up as you stepped inside home xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. There are so many lovely elements in this card. The two tone flowers look lovely and the narrow strips of designer paper are an added touch I want to try on something myself soon.
    Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. SUch a pretty card Vicky...love your colours and the spotty centres..

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  11. And here's us thinking that you had a lie-in!! Fabulous card - those flowers really pop with the touch of Melon Mambo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really gorgeous card Vicky, love the colours you've used hugs Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Vicky, Brilliant! I love the flowers on this card! The colour is lovely, you've shaded it very well and isn't the green fab with it:0) I was talking to some friends about Sat Navs and I am led to believe that mine re-setting isn't all that unusual! If only I'd known I would have been better prepared and probably gone on the train LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. P.s Sorry that you got wet and blown about, the weather can be so rude sometimes :{

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the way you inked the edges of those flowers, Vicky, and the way that one stem pops over the top of the sentiment panel. And your umbrella story gave this Bermuda resident a good chuckle too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Vicky oops on your blustery day and comedy hairstyle we had the same here but no sunshine at all just stair rods and i was at the hairdressers!!!!!lets hope its better today take care Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh dear our weather has gone hay wire up here too. Lots of heavy rain and sunny evenings.

    The flowers look brill. I like the extra shading on the petals and the stems. Love the way you've put the banner along the bottom. x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Firstly thank you for my order I was amazed at the speed !! I had a virtual encounter with it through the joys of modern technology. My sister who unwrapped it all for me on camera seemed more excited than I was and shes not even a stamper ! Cant wait to get my hands on it ! Thank you so much for your patience and the speediness of the delivery/ As for your card, this is so pretty , love that stamp set and of course the lovely colours. Beautiful inking and great layout. I had a great mental picture of you fighting the elements thanks for that !!

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Vicky - hope you have recovered from your weather experience!!
    A lovely card - those brads look stunning as the centres of your flowers - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Vicky

    I have been searching for some inspiration on how to use this stamp set. I think I just found some!
    Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the designer brads through the flowers Vicky and I love the pink and green together. A beautiful card. Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)