Pages

Monday 16 April 2012

Male card for a stamp collector!

Good morning! The holidays are over, the children have all gone back to school with porridge in their tummies this chilly spring morning, and I'm starting the week with a male card as usual. At Make My Monday this month the overall theme is Male Cards and this week's challenge is Sports and Hobbies, so that's what inspired today's card. Come and have a look:



My brother collected stamps when he was a boy and I remember his excitement about the possibility of one day discovering a rare stamp. I loved his album with its pages of colourful stamps. One of the must-haves from the spring mini catalogue in my opinion is the Postage Stamp punch  - I love being able to make postage stamps in any design I like! The punch is only available until the end of the month, so if you'd like one you'll need to order it soon.

To make the stamps in this card I first cut a 2.5cm (1") square into a post it note and used it as a mask, stamping the aeroplane into the hole and sponging a background with a sponge dauber. The planes were then coloured with markers and the stamps cut out with the Postage Stamp punch which gives them their distinctive border.


I do like a tag on a card! This luggage label-style tag is made from Crumb Cake card stock; I glued a punched circle to it and cut a hole through both layers with my cropadile before threading it with white bakers twine.


This sentiment is from the For My Family set which is so useful for personalising cards and other projects. Uncles, in-laws, teachers, siblings... you name them, everyone gets a mention in this brilliant set!
Here's what you'll need to make today's card:
Stamps: Ain't Love Grand (hostess set), For My Family
Ink: Early Espresso, Bashful Blue, Peach Parfait, So Saffron, Pear Pizzazz, Wisteria Wonder, Riding Hood Red
Card stock: Crumb Cake, Whisper White
Other: Markers, 3/4" circle punch, cropadile, white bakers twine, Postage Stamp punch, sponge daubers, paper snips, stamp-a-majig
I'd be delighted to order any of these items for you and can have them delivered to your address in the UK. I'm committed to providing excellent customer service and am always happy to offer help and advice. To place your order, just send me an email or give me a call on 01280 820593. And don't forget to add a free pack of designer paper if your order is £45 or more (Offer limited to one pack per qualifying order - click here for details).

As usual, the end of the holiday signals a major clear up so I'll be changing beds, sorting piles of laundry and wielding a hoover and cleaning cloths today. There might just be time to squeeze in a quick card though so do pop back tomorrow.

Hugs,

36 comments:

  1. Fabulous challenge card, Vicky. I love your faux postage stamps and the plane images:)
    Just seen Val's lovely photo taken at Ally Pally. You all look fabulous!! I wish I could have been there to meet you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card, Vicky! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My DH would just LOVE it! (PS I do too! Lol!)Don't do too much cleaning -we don't want you so worn out that you can't make any cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a terrific male card, Vicky. I'm yet to use my Postage Stamp punch, so thanks for the inspiration. Helen (Sydney)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant card for a man like the tag on the front

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this postage stamp card, it is great for all aged males and perhaps girls too. I used to collect stamps as a kid and had lots of coloured ones with the Queen Elizabeth on from my grandma's cousins in England :-). Think I am being persuaded to get this punch...Helen (Melb)

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a perfect card, I like it very much
    cathi

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely. I've wanted a postage stamp punch ever since I started crafting so jumped on this one as soon as I saw it. I could just sit there punching things out all day! Love this card, perfect for a man. I love tags on cards, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great card for the challenge over at Make My Monday Vicky - love the colourful aeroplanes, also love the Crumb Cake card stock - my favourite at the moment. - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card Vicky with all those lovely subtle details like the scored line and the inked white edges on the tag ! Very clever; little details like this make cards very special ! Sounds like me, you have lots of chores today; hope you manage some crafting !
    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Vickie you were quick off the mark.. love what you've done with the stamp punch, fabulous.
    suzi b x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your card Vicky, and what a brilliant idea to use stamps.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love this Vicky and I love a tag on a card too. You've really inspired me this morning! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a great card, absolutely perfect for a man, and so many other possibilities too. Don't tackle all the jobs in one day, you need to pace yourself! x x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great idea for a male card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been looking for some fresh inspiration for my postage stamp punch as I love it sooo much! I love the inking through and it makes for a fab masculine card! I'm tackling housework too though Mr UPS is coming today so we'll see how far I get before he knocks on the door!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are a genius!
    L x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the layout Vicky and the stamp punch is fabulous! It's made me think about holidays:) I'm still on a high from yesterday it was great to catch up:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  19. what a brilliant idea - and stamping through the post it is also genius!
    Hope you had a fab time at Ally Pally and got lots of lovely stash - I just wish it wasn't so far away or I would have come to meet you all too :( Maybe next time
    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Really fabulous card Vicky. Love the clean and simple look and the postage stamps look great. Love the crumb cake card too, perfect for male cards.
    I'm in the middle of piles of laundry too after a few days away and the weather is fine so hope yours is too.
    Thanks for sharing this with us at MMM too and congratulations on being our March winner.
    Fliss x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this sheet of "stamps". What a wonderful idea for your brother's birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh I love this Vicky, so original! Hope you got all your cleaning done :0)
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  23. What no mention of Ally Pally !!! Trust you had a fun day out. Gorgeous card Vicky and they do indeed look like stamps!! I bet you brother will be right impressed with this super card !

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow Vicky this is such a great male card, love the card you have used and the punch is such a great idea. It takes me back to my youngest brother and his collection when he was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is brilliant Vicky so very clever as usual Luv Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  26. love the CAS look to this card!! lainey x

    ReplyDelete
  27. A wonderful card very versatile idea Shirley.

    ReplyDelete
  28. You are so innovative Vicky, I wish I got idea's like you. Fantabulous as usual.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Vicky,

    how cool is THAT !
    I love your idea of selfmade stamps - fantastic !

    Hugs
    Kerstin
    (oh and... I love the idea to have a piece of your delicious lemon meringue pie, next time I'm in the UK :-))

    ReplyDelete
  30. Stunning card, absolutely perfect - I'm wondering if I could a similar thing with my Clarity postage stamps - you may have popped an idea for a desing in my brain hugs Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Another brilliant creation, Vicky! LOVE the colors you've used! Thanks for joining us at MMM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh no I didn't realise I only had until the end of April!!! Love this punch, the colourful stamps are brilliant Vicky and look right at home on a tag :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your set of stamps are fab. Love the colours against the crumb cake. x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Vicky..this is a delight. So very simple but extra effective. Love the splash of those colours against the "buff" cardstock! Goes without saying thank you for playing along with us at Make My Monday again! Suzanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. this is such a fab male card... and I love all the 3 min cards.. I need to take lessons from you :)
    I have been away.. but snooping around.. just love your work..
    my new pc.. iMac... I am still getting the hang of it and so slow in learning it...

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oooooh I LOVE this card!! I'm never sure how to put tags on cards but this is superb. Love all the little aeroplanes too. Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)