Pages

Saturday 6 October 2012

A touch of silver

It seems it's world card making day today which amuses me because every day's a card-making day for me! In fact, today is less of a card making day than usual because I have a very long list of chores to do... So it's a very quick card from me, made for the Less is More challenge where Chrissie and Mandi want to see some Silver, and also for the St Lukes Charity Card Challenge where CAS Christmas cards are the order of the day. Come and have a look:


I adore this wonderful ribbon-like new sentiment from Sassy Salutations and felt it deserved to take centre stage on a Christmas card. I versamarked some snowflakes from my Make a Mitten set around it and heat embossed them in silver...


... before decorating the centres with the largest Basic rhinestones. I've tried to photograph them looking  all shiny but failed miserably! You'll have to take it from me - they are lovely and glittery! The scoring was done afterwards so that I could skip the bits where the snowflakes are.

Here's what you'll need to make this card
Stamps: Sassy Salutations, Make a Mitten
Ink: Real Red
Card stock: Whisper White
Other: Versamark, silver embossing powder, heat tool, Simply Scored, Basic Rhinestones, corner rounder, stamp-a-majig
I'd be delighted to order any of these items for you and have them delivered straight to your address in the UK. I'm committed to providing excellent customer service and am always happy to offer help and advice. To place your order, just send me an email or give me a call on 01280 820593.

My daughter is writing an essay about marriage so we were discussing it. I explained that it doesn't cost much to get married in a church but that you do have to pay extra to have a choir, bell ringers, organist etc - 'bells and whistles' as I termed it. "Whistles?" she said in surprise and I suddenly had a vision of a wedding service being punctuated by a slide whistle!

Hope you're having a lovely weekend.
Hugs,

26 comments:

  1. Fabulously CAS with a lovely touch of bling! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, love that stamp

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hola Vicky great vision for a wedding ;D:D.
    Gorgeous card Vicky, so elegant, i like youe sentiment, simply beautiful!
    A hug from Palma and have a nice week, the vision about marriage of your daughter i think , It must be interesting :D.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely CAS Christmas card. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the sentiment being the star of the show Vicky:) Like the offset layer and scoring.
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great CAS Vicky,,.love the sentiment and touch of sparkle

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ive whistled hi ho hi ho....LOL!!
    Fantastic card, Vicky that sentiment is a wowser font!
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    LIM

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous Vicky. I love that sentiment font.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Vicky, love cards with the sentiment as the main focus but never seem to have a go at them myself!!! The swirly ribbon font is just perfect for any occasion, I can see why you wanted to use it for your blog header card last week now :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A lovely CAS Christmas card Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Vicky, so stylish and simpple... lovely.
    suzi b xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very stylish, your stamping is awesome, I find it very hard to get such a crisp image when stamping sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Less is more ..... love all the white space with splashes of colour. Helen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this festive CAS card xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous CAS card love how the red sentiment pops out at you x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Vicky, so stylish. Love the sentiment, the scoring and the splash of silver x x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love how you've made the sentiment the focal point of the card...great looking sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the way you made the sentiment the focal of the card, the red is the perfect touch.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super way to show off this new sentiment and your little silver stars are just perfect. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Vicki, love that sentiment, makes a fab card
    Anne
    x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Simply lovely! I do like the splash of red with the sentiment - great font too! Thanks so much for playing along with St Luke's Charity Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card Vicky,love that font. Now I am imagining whistles at a wedding too lol :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is lovely and not unlike the idea I had too!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Super Vicky!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  25. Guess who is totally behind on her commenting again :( Sorry to be so late.

    This is simply elegance personified! I particularly like the offset placement of the image layer - makes a CAS card very interesting.

    Thanks as ever for your support of my challenge.
    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)