Pages

Tuesday 9 October 2012

Zoo Review for a teenage boy

Anyone with a teenage boy in the house will remember that moment when your baby boy came downstairs one morning and had turned into a man... a very hungry man! Honestly, sometimes I think they grow several inches overnight! This card was inspired by my own lovely teenage son:


The images in the Zoo Review set are ideal for males in general but I liked the idea of the giraffe for a suddenly tall teenager.


I've made post-it note masks for all five animals in the set so that I can sponge and stamp a quick background for them all. When I've finished, I just stick the mask to the stamp and pop it back in its case. The oak tree from Lovely as a Tree makes a great wooded background for the giraffe and I extended the grassy area with a River Rock marker.

The original sentiment comes from For My Family...


... which is also a great set for personalising your projects. Here I've used the 'son' stamp from the set, cut out with a square punch and popped up on dimensionals.


There's a 'nephew' in the set too as well as all sorts of other family members - many of which don't grow suddenly overnight!


This one sports a fun banner I made on the computer and printed off.

I have got completely distracted by my fabulous new Zoo Review set. It is the best fun ever and to think I almost didn't get it!

Here's what you'll need to make this card
Stamps: Zoo Review, For My Family
Ink: Soft Suede, Old Olive, Marina Mist, Cajun Craze
Card stock: Naturals White
Other: Markers, paper snips, stamp-a-majig
I'd be delighted to order any of these items for you and have them delivered straight to your address in the UK. I'm committed to providing excellent customer service and am always happy to offer help and advice. To place your order, just send me an email or give me a call on 01280 820593.

My lovely teenage son has turned into an eating machine. My daughter summed it up the other day. " "You've only got two moods haven't you?" she said to him. "Hungry and stuffed!" Talking of which I'd better get up to the supermarket! (And for all those who are wondering why I'd be visiting the supermarket at half past midnight, my blog posts are, of course, scheduled!) 

See you tomorrow,

14 comments:

  1. I know just what you mean about them suddenly shooting up!!! Ben can rest his chin on my head now - not fun!! Love this card and I'm sure your son will absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's easier to spot when you don't see it everyday, but I'm noticing it already with two almost-eight-year-old grandsons! Little weeds they are and your giraffe, with it's great original banner, Vicky, is a perfect analogy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards Vicky love giraffes and your colouring is perfect...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hinvicky
    Fabulous giraffe..... Great male card....
    Enjoy your day... Hugs sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these giraffe cards Vicky and yes boys grow like th isey are stood in fertilizer! My youngest is 6' 4" :)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're all super cards, Vicky! Love the sentiment on your last one! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your banner! Your masking is brill as I thought you'd cut the giraffe out he looks so dimensional.
    I quite like shopping in the middle of the night - much fewer people to manouver around - particularly handy for the christmas shop although we did that once at 2am and it was still packed!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  8. With three of them in the house you can imagine my fridge is emptied on a daily basis!!! Love the giraffe and that sentiment is very clever:) Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another brilliant male card Vicky, I love the different sentiments.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wasn't sure about this set but the two cards you've come up with so far are changing my mind! They are great for male cards and for kids and teenagers too. I too live with a giraffe a just 13 one who has grown 4 cm since July!! What can you do???

    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great thought a giraffe for a teenager, yep I can go with that LOL. Wonderful cards

    I remember my son growing 6 inches in it seemed a few weeks, so much so that I had to take him to the doctors for the pain in his legs, he was very nearly in plaster to support the ligaments which were close to snapping with the sudden spurt, thankfully he "grew out" of the pain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This would be perfect for my son too who at 13 is now 5' 10". He doesn't go through phases just non stop growing!

    Glad you got the set too, love the cards you are making with them. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. We are a family of height challenged individuals but thankfully are youngest returned from a month away in the summer to tower above us and now calls me shorty !!! Love the cards and your clever thinking behind them. The sponged background is superb.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)