Pages

Saturday 29 June 2013

A Happy Day at the beach

Crafting Clare Towers looked like a junk yard this morning and, since we're expecting visitors, it couldn't be ignored! I didn't mind as I'd had a peek at the Less is More challenge earlier and was stumped at the theme of Sand. But it's amazing how a little elbow grease and hoovering can focus the mind - perhaps I should try it more often! Come and see:


I used sandy-looking Naturals White card stock for my base and topped it with a Whisper White panel with an aperture cut into it with my favourite 2 1/2" circle punch.


Before adding the panel, I sponged a sea and sky-scape through a mask and added a sandcastle nestling in sand made of torn textured card stock. The flags are from Make a Cake, the gulls from the retiring Up, Up and Away set and I embellished with a Real Red button tied up with white bakers twine.


And what about the sentiment?  You only have to look at it to feel happy! It's from a new set called Happy Day which will be available when the brand new catalogue goes live on Tuesday - YAY!!

• If you catch up with my blog using Blogger Reader, don't forget it'll be closing at the end of this month. I've swapped over to Blog Lovin' and have been really pleased with it. When you register, all the blogs you currently follow can be swapped automatically, so it's really convenient.

Here's what you'll need to make this card
Stamps: Happy Day (available 2nd July), Make a Cake, Up, Up and Away (retiring)
Ink: Pool Party, Basic Grey, Real Red
Card stock: Naturals White, Whisper White
Other: Markers, 2 1/2" circle punch, Real Red button (retiring) white bakers twine, stamp-a-majig
I CAN ORDER STAMPIN' UP ITEMS FOR YOU AND HAVE THEM DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR ADDRESS IN THE UK. I'M COMMITTED TO PROVIDING EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND AM ALWAYS HAPPY TO OFFER HELP AND ADVICE. TO FIND OUT MORE OR TO PLACE YOUR ORDER, JUST SEND ME AN EMAIL OR GIVE ME A CALL ON 01280 820593.

The Sand theme today reminded me of being on holiday in Devon two years ago. We'd spent one afternoon at a local sheepdog trials where a very talented shepherd named Bobby Watson walked off with pretty much all the prizes, impressing everyone with his calm and gentle style. It gave us a new catch phrase too. For the rest of the holiday, any question from "Shall we go for a walk after dinner?" to "Would you like chocolate or strawberry ice cream?" was answered with "What would Bobby Watson do?"


It was even inscribed in the sand at the beach!

Enjoy the rest of the weekend and I'll be back soon.

23 comments:

  1. And WHAT could be sandy-er than a sandcastle!! FAB card

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! And the pic of the quote on the beach is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Living the card Vicky! Simply fab;)
    I've no idea what to do at the mo,I'm toying with a couple of ideas,if only I knew Bobby Watson,I could ask home for advice :-D
    Have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well this card is just stunning Vicky, the background sky and sea are perfect, lovely card

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great card. I love how you used different stamp sets.
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks fab Vicky!
    I can't wait to see the new catalogue!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant card Vicky - looked like real sand in a shaker at first. Genius use of the cake flags.
    Tara
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Vicky, great take on the challenge :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrific seaside card. Just right for the current weather! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Vicky, love your interpretion of "sand." Think I'd struggle with this one even if I did have time.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the sandcastle Vicky and all the flags, very evocative of holidays as a child, I'm surprised I can remember that far back!!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card it looks so real,
    Shirley x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This has to be a winner Vicky ! How clever and totally gorgeous!
    Nessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this card, it's great!
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how I'd love one hour inside the craft room in your brain!! To be followed, of course, by an hour IRL just yakking and laughing!! I adore your sand interpretation, Vicky!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely gorgeous card Vicky, lovely textures!

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  17. A terrific cards. Very clever and original idea.

    ReplyDelete
  18. vicky i love your scene.. fabulous

    Thanks for joining us this week x
    Jen
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card and scene Vicky, very inventive too. When you made this card did you first ask......"What would Bobby Watson do"?....sorry couldn't resist lol! :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! This is just.....WOW!! So inventive Vicky! Love it! :))
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. A perfect summery scene and i love the perspective with the background so soft just like a photograph :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)