Pages

Monday 8 July 2013

A little hot, summery Mosaic Madness

What a fabulous weekend we've had here - the sun blazing, a British Wimbledon champion and my husband's birthday celebrations - a big one this year! I'll have more on that this week, including an idea for wrapping an awkward-shaped present... but first, a little Mosaic Madness inspired by the heatwave we've been having:


I just love this set! It's so new and fresh and I love how you can change the mood of it completely by using different colours and embellishments. The first thing I made with the set was a Christmas card (here) but by using hot colours such as Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie and Melon Mambo with a touch of bling, I've come up with a bit of a Bollywood feel. I can't wait to try some other colour combinations!


The quatrefoil images are gorgeous but let's not forget the versatile background stamps in this set. Here I stamped one of them repeatedly before adding a sentiment from Happy Day. The quatrefoils were stamped and cut out with the matching punch and then I decorated them with punched hearts, flowers and gems. Piercing is a great way to add a little extra definition.

Here's what you'll need to make this card
Stamps: Mosaic Madness, Happy Day
Ink: Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie
Card stock: Whisper White, Melon Mambo, scrap of Pumpkin Pie and Pacific Point
Punches: Mosaic, Owl, small Heart, Itty Bitty punch pack
Other: Basic rhinestones, essentials piercing templates and tool, stamp-a-majig
I CAN ORDER STAMPIN' UP ITEMS FOR YOU AND HAVE THEM DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR ADDRESS IN THE UK. I'M COMMITTED TO PROVIDING EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND AM ALWAYS HAPPY TO OFFER HELP AND ADVICE. TO FIND OUT MORE OR TO PLACE YOUR ORDER, JUST SEND ME AN EMAIL OR GIVE ME A CALL ON 01280 820593.

I love the way my children take it for granted that they make a card for family birthdays - and they're always amazing and personal! Of course, you do need to be a little bit sensitive about a milestone birthday... "This is lovely!" said my husband, opening my youngest son's card. "Is it a rainbow?" My son shook his head. "No, it's a sunset!" he said. I caught my husbands eye. "This year it's a sunset," I said. "Next year it could be a twilight!"

See you tomorrow when I'll be revealing my present to my husband!

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Vicky, love these hot summery colours! Hope you're enjoying the sunshine! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicky-Yes,i can see the Bollywood theme here-love your background and those colours just work so well together.
    Enjoy the sunshine :)
    Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely colourful card Vicky...I did laugh at your post 'Men' what are they like??

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooo yummy looking Vicky! I love the colour combo, and the little quatrefoil tucked away :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great colour combo, so summery, and perfect with this lovely weather.

    Love the card as usual

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the hot zingy colours - a real burst of heat. I like the rows made using the background stamp, and the added interest created with the piercing. Truly fab!
    Hope you had a lovely weekend celebrating your husband's special birthday (and that he wasn't too sensitive about reaching a big number!) x x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely Vicky. I'd never have thought of that colour combo but it looks great.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab colour combo Vicky, love the layout too. Can't wait to have a play:) Looking forward to more news of your weekend:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love how you've changed the feel of the stamps by using warm colours, the quatrefoil is such a versatile shape!!
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)