Pages

Thursday 29 August 2013

Three minute notelet - and a new stampin' Up catalogue

As the evenings begin to draw in and autumn approaches, Stampin' Up has produced a fabulous new catalogue to cover all the events of the season. As always, there are plenty of exciting new goodies and some gorgeous projects too! Click the picture of the catalogue below to have a browse and get in touch. to order items or if you'd like a copy to curl up with.


And there's MORE exciting news today with a very special offer involving butterflies. Check it out on my Special Offers page.

We're definitely feeling the onset of autumn now with only one more week of the school holidays left. I love the holidays although it can be challenging - relaxing with the family one minute and struggling to catch up with life the next! Today's  little notelet was made in one of the frantic moments - but that's what Three Minute Thursday is all about: cards in minutes! Come and see:

one layer card stamped with Off the Grid and Flower Shop from Stampin Up

The moment I saw the new Off The Grid background stamp, I wanted to try it with a floral! I stamped it on a card base made with core'dinations card stock to emphasise the griddiness (yay! it's a new word!) of the image and added the scribbled-style flower from the Flower Shop set with a matching candy dot. This bold, flowing sentiment from Perfectly Penned finished the card off.


I was so pleased with this little card I made three more of them in different colours - which just proves how speedy they are!

Here's what you'll need to make this set of cards
Stamps: Flower Shop, Off The Grid, Perfectly Penned
Ink: Sahara Sand, Early Espresso, Crushed Curry, Wild Wasabi, Bermuda Bay, Rich Razzleberry
Card stock: Whisper White core'dinations
Other: Candy dots, stamp-a-majig
I CAN ORDER STAMPIN' UP ITEMS FOR YOU AND HAVE THEM DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR ADDRESS IN THE UK. I'M COMMITTED TO PROVIDING EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND AM ALWAYS HAPPY TO OFFER HELP AND ADVICE. TO FIND OUT MORE OR TO PLACE YOUR ORDER, JUST SEND ME AN EMAIL OR GIVE ME A CALL ON 01280 820593.

Talking of speedy, the children and I were watching a film the other evening when a large spider strolled out from under a chair to join us. He wasn't entirely welcome (!) and I banged the floor behind him to send him towards the open French windows. This had the desired effect and he took to his heels and galloped outside. "My goodness," said my older son with respect. "He really can move can't he?!" I nodded. "I expect they call him Spidey Gonzalez!" I said which, I reckon, was pretty speedy of my poor brain too!

See you tomorrow,

10 comments:

  1. Sweet set of notes! And I do like your spider tale!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are quick-witted, Vicky, I've always said that about you and always enjoyed it very much! I really love your sweet and easy note card set, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute set of cards. I like super quick and I bet Spidey is glad he was super quick too! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spiders - yikes! Lovely cards - I love matching sets - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good thing that spider didn't venture into our living room or he would have been feeling rather flat very quickly! Very nice set of note cards, by the way, and you could change the sentiment to suit the occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are gorgeous little thank you cards. Any spider near me had better hotfoot it out the door lest I set the Husband on it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely little cards, Vicky. Oh yes, this time of year there are always lots of BIG spiders around. I try to be kind and remove them, using the old cup over and paper/card under method, to demonstrate to the kids that I am not really scared and we treat creatures well... But I wish they would stay outside! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet set of cards Vicky. I laughed so much when I read your spider tale, I love your quick wit x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have BOTH of those sets and now that you've shown me how perfect they are together - I'll be playing with them! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. More super cards Vicky. How brave are you with spiders!! I hate them as they are huge here in Malvern and wear hob nail boots.....some are so big, you could saddle them up and ride them in the Grand National!. Luckily, when Monty hears me scream, he comes running and gobbles the spider up, and gets a lovely bone as a reward

    Bev :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)