Pages

Wednesday 11 September 2013

A Postcard for Christmas

This week I've been show-casing Stampin' Up's Postcard stamp and today I've come up with a way for it to go all festive! Come and see:


The woodcut-style of the top of the Postcard image fascinates me and I love the sort of label bit that says postcard. It occurred to me that it could make a great garland and the label bit could hold a Christmas sentiment - and so this card happened!


I used a marker to colour the top part of the stamp and positioned it onto my panel using a stamp-a-majig. The sentiment from Embellished Events was stamped and cut out before being 'pinned' on top of the word postcard with some gems. I'm really pleased at how well it fits!


My festive garland was crying out for some decorations and what better ones to use than the new baubles from Christmas Collectibles?! I adore the vintage style of these! They're beautifully curvy but cutting them out is a doddle as they have a coordinating punch - love it!

Here's what you'll need to make this card
Stamps: Postcard, Christmas Collectibles, Embellished Events (sentiment)
Ink: Cherry Cobbler classic ink, Gumball Green marker
Card stock: Cherry Cobbler core'dinations, Very Vanilla smooth card stock
Other: Christmas Ornament punch, Basic rhinestones, stamp-a-majig

Crafting Clare online shop, shopping with Vicky Hayes


You can order from my online shop any time, day or night, but if you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm always happy to help. You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.

And as a special thank you for shopping with me, you'll get a free gift and a handmade card when you place your first online order with me during September.


Yesterday morning at breakfast my eldest son announced that his school trousers were too long, so I had an amusing 15 minutes taking them up for him before he went to school. What IS it about my children?!!! (But I love them to bits!)

See you tomorrow for a three minute-ish Postcardy card.

Hugs,

11 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, Vicki! I love the green border the ornaments are hanging from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another stunning postcard Vicky.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely perfect! A lovely festive edition of the Postcard! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favourite Christmas colour combo!
    Glad to hear your children are helping develop your crafting skills, though I seem to recall the last time you had a needle, it involved a small injury...?
    When my uncle was a teenager, he once announced at breakfast that he'd be bringing his German exchange home with him that afternoon to stay for a week. First my Nan had heard of it!! And when my husband was at primary school, he announced at breakfast that he needed a Roman centurion outfit for that day. I believe copious amounts of tinfoil were involved!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely CAS Christmas card Vicky...love the baubles

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea Vicky-I love how you saw something different in your stamp!
    Gorgeous stamping and a lovely design :)
    Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this stamp Vicky it makes a fab Xmas card!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea! You are so clever! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely and festive Vicky, and the patterns on the ornaments are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)