Pages

Friday 15 November 2013

Simply Sketched in browns

Just lately I seem to be completely incapable of noticing when a challenge ends! Do you get that? This time I had a great time making a card for CASology's Brown cue card, only to discover that I'd arrived at the party and everyone else had gone home! The new cue word is Triangle and my card definitely isn't cutting it! Oh well, come and see it anyway:


I really had to have another go at the 'swipe the card stock with an ink pad' technique - it's fun and really fast. This time I swiped Baked Brown Sugar and Crumb Cake ink over Whisper White card stock before stamping the little bird, adding some grasses and cutting the whole thing out with my 2 1/2" circle punch.


The sentiment is from Express Yourself and you can see the inky effect behind it. It is so easy to get this arty effect!


The little bird is from a hostess set called Simply Sketched. I've coloured him with an aquapainter and some Early Espresso ink and then added some extra grasses from my Love and Sympathy set.

Here's what you'll need to make this card
Stamps: Simply Sketched, Love and Sympathy, Express Yourself
Ink: Baked Brown Sugar, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
Card stock: Crumb Cake Whisper White
Other: 2 1/2" circle punch, aquapainter, stamp-a-majig

Crafting Clare online shop, shopping with Vicky Hayes, Stampin Up clearance rack
You can order from my online shop any time, day or night,
but if you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm always happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.

Today is the 18th birthday of my favourite woman in the world: my lovely daughter.


She's the best combination of clever, caring, strong and wise and she knows exactly how to make me laugh (like a plastic bag!) So I'm off to hang the flags out and put the champagne on ice (and put all the discarded wrapping paper into the plastic bag that I was laughing like just a moment ago!)

Have a great weekend and I'll see you very soon.

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I really like the background you made with the ink pads.

    Happy Birthday to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just loving these swiped backgrounds Vicky a beautiful card ....happy Birthday to you beautiful daughter

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super swiped sketchy card.

    Hope your daughter has a FANTASTIC birthday. They grow up so fast don't they?

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh big birthday wishes to your daughter Vicky..... I bet you'll make it a birthday to remember!!! Love your card too the ink swipes make the most fantastic misty woodland background for that little bird. Pinning this one :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! What gorgeous red hair too:) Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Vicky, love that technique and the little bird on the grasses is so cute. Happy birthday to your beautiful daughter hope she has had a wonderful day!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card and Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter. She has gorgeous red hair. Ufortunately mine is slowly turning white but my hairdresser insists on using a lovely bottle of stuff to try to keep my red hair from disappearing into white too quickly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been loving all your cards this week, beautiful creations.
    I hope you have enjoyed all your family celebrations and that your daughter had a fabulous 18th birthday (great photo) x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Vicky. Love how you made the background.

    Hope your gorgeous daughter has a lovely birthday.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love this card, I know I keep saying this about your cards, but I do!

    Congratulations to your beautiful daughter on her milestone birthday.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)