Pages

Monday 2 December 2013

Joyful Christmas makes

I've been holding onto my ears because life's gone all hectic again! That means I haven't been able to make anything this weekend but I do have some cards to show you that I made a couple of weeks ago. Come and have a look:


These were very quick to make so I made a couple of them. I used Stampin' Up's wonderful Joyful Christmas stamp set, stamping the poinsettias up the side and top of the front panel and colouring them in quickly with an aquapainter and ink.


Here's one with a Real Red card base sporting a cluster of Daffodil Delight candy dots by way of embellishment...


... and this is the Old Olive version with matching candy dots.


I scribbled colour over the leaves with the aquapainter - it all adds to the arty feel!


I do love the sentiment - there's nothing like a bit of joy at any time of year but especially at Christmas!


Oops, the sentiment on the green version got a little smudged but luckily I enjoy a little fussy cutting!

Here's what you'll need to make this project
Stamps: Joyful Christmas
Ink: Real Red, Old Olive
Card stock: Whisper White, Real Red/Old Olive
Other: Markers, candy dots, corner rounder, paper snips, stamp-a-majig

Crafting Clare online shop, shopping with Vicky Hayes, Stampin Up clearance rack
You can order from my online shop any time, day or night,
but if you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm always happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.

The poinsettias have appeared in the supermarkets I see. They are amazing but I think I prefer them in their natural state:


I can never understand why man feels he has improved on nature by modifying plants!

See you tomorrow,

4 comments:

  1. Morning Vicky . . . I love these poinsettia cards and the colourful sentiment is great.

    Hugs, Sarn x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards Vicky and not too time consuming...just the ticket for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous cards. I've never seen poinsettias in the wild! Similar but very different than the (hybrid?) store ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Xmassy cards Vicky.

    I didn't know poinsettias grew like that! I suppose I'm like some of the children who don't know meat is from an animal, oh! well they say you learn something every day.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)