Pages

Saturday 18 January 2014

Welcoming baby with Storybook Friends

The New Baby theme over at Less is More today was just the thing to get me out of winter mode! Out came the lovely fondant colours and my favourite new punch and this is what I came up with:


The tag on this card was cut out with one click of my gorgeous new Scalloped Tag Topper punch. (I'm teasing you a bit with this because it's not available to order yet, but it'll be available on 28th January when the new spring/summer catalogue comes out - and Sale-a-bration will start then too with all its fab freebies!)


The beautiful Pool Party cord tied at the top of the tag is from one of the freebies - a pack of embellishments. I embossed the bottom of the tag with 'kisses' using one of the Needlepoint embossing folders and added a frolicking lamb from the Storybook stamp set, coloured with my Stampin' Chalk marker and cut out with my sharp paper snips.

Of course I had to make a baby girl version too:


The Sale-a-bration accessories pack contains three different colours of cord, including Crisp Cantaloupe which I think is lovely for a baby card.


Doesn't this sentiment sum up what every mum feels when her baby is born? I think it's perfect! It's from That's The Ticket, which has seen quite a bit of use from me lately and has a coordinating punch so you can just stamp, punch and go.

UPDATE: I've also been reminded to also link this card up with the Addicted to CAS challenge where the cue word is New - thanks Kylie!


Here's what you'll need to make this project
Stamps: Storybook Friends, That's The Ticket
Ink: Pool Party/Crisp Cantaloupe
Card stock: Whisper White smooth and core'dinations plus scrap of Pool Party/Crisp Cantaloupe for the punched heart
Punches: Owl punch (for the tiny heart), Ticket punch, Scalloped Tag Topper punch (coming soon!)
Other: Stampin' Chalk Marker, Pool Party/Crisp Cantaloupe cord (free Sale-a-bration gift), paper snips, Needlepoint embossing folder, Big Shot

Crafting Clare online shop, shopping with Vicky Hayes, Stampin Up clearance rack
You can order from my online shop any time, day or night,
but if you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm always happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.

There's nothing very springlike about Buckingham today - it's cold and damp and dark. I'm going to see the Hobbit later with my boys but first I'd better do a little cooking as my eldest son has just come downstairs saying: "I have to eat right now or I'll DIE!"

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and I'll see you soon,

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards Vicky. The little lamb is adorable, just perfect for a Spring baby. A xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Vicky. You've inspired me to see what I can do with my lovely new tag topprer punch too. Needless to say I had to have it when I saw it!

    Have a lovely weekend.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just love the scalloped tag, another one to add to the wishlist! The "frolicking lamb" is ideal for a baby card xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous Vicky!
    Fab colours, stamps, everything!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vicky
    Super card..... But they always are.... Enjoy you Movie.....
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cards are so sweet. I'm looking forward to seeing what's in the new catties!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Vicky love the sweet lamb

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two lovely cards Vicky, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hola Vicky, what sweet cards, i love the colours specially pool party,beautiful and your sheep is so sweet and tender.
    Oh my friend i have a mad and hectic live too, but this year i´m trying share a little bit more about cards and comments, it´s a little bit difficult but i´m in the way :D, i hope.
    A warm hug from Palma and have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous baby cards Vicky xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwwwwww! lovely cards Vicky, beautiful little lamb and love the sentiment.

    I loved the Hobbit, but look out for the sudden ending!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous design Vicky, it looks great in both colour ways! That punch looks ve....rrrry interesting:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope he ate so he didn't DIE (dramatic or what?!)
    Such adorably sweet cards, Vicky, really lovely. We must have had all the Spring-like weather up north, it's been beautiful today. Loved the Hobbit! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just adorable, Vicky and perfect for our challenge over at ATCAS where the code word is NEW xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. So gorgeous, love the card base and the sweet twine. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Vicky , I still can't get over that my two boys have left home and am still cooking for four !!! Beautiful cards the soft colors and the pretty image are just darling as is that punch.. Thanks so much for joining us at ATCAs and good luck.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Two adorable baby cards Vicky, such a sweet image.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super cute cards! Love the layout with the new products.
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  19. They are so cute baby cards ...and can see that tag punch being on my wish list! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such sweet baby cards Vicky,just love them :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)