Pages

Saturday 1 February 2014

A rainbow of Happy Watercolour

After what seems like weeks of dark, damp, dismal weather, it made a wonderful change to find the sun pouring through the window this morning. Everything seemed so much brighter and more colourful so how appropriate to find that the challenge at Less is More today is Rainbow. The lovely ladies are celebrating their third birthday too - happy birthday Chrissie, Mandi and Jen and here's my message to you:


... because it does make me very happy to do these fabulous challenges each week!

I've used Stampin' Up's Happy Watercolour set - one of those sets with abstract splodges that I had to have the minute I saw it! This little brushstroke image might look a bit small to be useful but nothing could be further from the truth: It's perfect for building up backgrounds and I love the way you get beautiful variations in ink colour as the strokes overlap - just like in real water colouring (but without the skill requirement!)


To make my rainbow, I used inks mostly from Stampin' Up's Brights family of colours and over-stamped with black stazon. The addition of a silver heart and a fussy-cut arrow turns this into an anniversary or Valentine's day card  and, since the arrow has shot in from off the edge of the card, I'll also link this card up with CASual Friday, where the challenge is Over The Edge.

Here's what you'll need to make today's card
Stamps: Happy Watercolour, Geometrical (for the arrow)
Ink: Real Red, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Tempting Turquoise, Rich Razzleberry, Elegant Eggplant classic inks, black stazon
Card stock: Whisper White
Other: Owl punch and silver foil card (for the heart), paper snips, stamp-a-majig

You can order from my online shop any time, day or night,
but if you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm always happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.
CHOOSE A FREE SALE-A-BRATION GIFT FOR EVERY £45 YOU SPEND

I must apologise for the ghastly photos today. I returned home this afternoon, ready to photograph my card, only to find that my husband had taken the boys off to the football with my posh camera!  Surely he understands that photos of footballers cavorting about on a muddy pitch can only be improved by bad quality, grainy photos whereas my cards need the very finest photographic treatment to make them look half decent! I was about to start divorce proceedings but then I had a cup of tea and everything seemed fine!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend and hope to see you back here very soon.

Hugs,

18 comments:

  1. Hi Vicky
    Gorgeous card..... Enjoy your weekend....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant rainbow LIM card here Vicky. Thank goodness you had a cuppa instead of making a call to the solicitor! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicky, your card is simple but brilliant especially the colours.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so sweet and perfect that it shines even with the lousy camera! Oh, I do love this, Vicky!! I'm so glad you entered this in the CAS-ual Fridays "Over the Edge" challenge cousin it's a winner!!! Enjoy the weekend! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card and so pleased you are not considering divorce this afternoon
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, Vicky! Love your rainbow colours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sensational card Vicky

    Mandi x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Vicky, I love how you've made your rainbow.

    I think it was quite bright and sunny this morning when I was at work but in the afternoon it turned windy and rainy - again. Still very wet now!

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a lovely happy card Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks terrific Vicky, I think I may be getting a little package with those arrows in very soon!
    Thanks so much for your on-going support of our challenges, we really appreciate your contributions!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi Vicky -
    love this card - a perfect rainbow of colour - and love the new look blog too!
    best wishes
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful Vicky! I love the softness of the colours. I hope your husband's photos were the best to justify taking the camera! ;)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yep! you make me happy everytime I see one of your creations, I love how simple and beautiful this is.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving your card Vicky, just amazing ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this card Vicky - great use of the watercolour stamp, the rainbow is so subtle.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning card Vicky - love it! Nx

    ReplyDelete
  17. love the watercolor background. very pretty card! thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)