Pages

Thursday 6 February 2014

Three Minutes with Happy Watercolour

If you look at Stampin' Up's Happy Watercolour set, you'll see the beautiful flowers, the fabulous background stamps and those sweet sentiments, but you may overlook one tiny stamp. Well, we can't have that can we?! Here's a quick, one layer card for my Three Minute Thursday slot using that little brush stroke image:


The brush stroke image was repeatedly stamped as a border across the card using three colours of ink quite close to each other in hue. This kind of stamping is ideal for a one layer card as the overlapping and stamping off of the ink gives quite a lot of dimension.


For a little extra interest, I pierced a double row of holes using the Essentials piercing template. The sentiment fit perfectly in the space between them and I used my stamp-a-majig to make sure it was where I wanted it.

The challenge at this month's One Layer Wednesday is Can You Repeat That? so I'll be linking this card up there.

I've made a video to show how quick and easy this card is:



Here's what you'll need to make this project
Stamps: Happy Watercolour
Ink: Pool Party, Coastal Cabana, Island Indigo
Card stock: Naturals Ivory
Other: Essentials piercing templates, mat and piercing tool, stamp-a-majig
Click above to place an order any time, day or night,
but if you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm always happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.

CHOOSE A FREE SALE-A-BRATION GIFT WITH EVERY £45 YOU SPEND

Yesterday, my daughter offered to help me unpack a Stampin' Up delivery so I suggested she took items out of the box while I checked them off my list. She enjoyed looking at all the products and was particularly excited about the Tag Topper punches, especially when I explained what they were and what they could do. "They're brilliant aren't they?!" I said. "And they're going like hot cakes!" My daughter lost interest in the punches at this point. "Mmm - hot cakes!" she said.

See you tomorrow,


6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Love the background. I am going to have to try it when my stamps arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea Vicky, the stamping really looks like ruched organza ribbon with two lines of stitching along the centre..... very clever :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How simple but so effective, love the piercing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicky
    Gorgeous card....love the colours....
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great use of this little stamp Vicky! Genius idea! I'm loving your new profile picture too...you look beautiful!
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! I am enjoying your watercolour creations being on a watercolour kick of my own at present.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)