Pages

Thursday 20 March 2014

3 Minute Banner Blast - without a banner in sight!

I do love a one layer card and they're often quick and simple - just right for my Three Minute Thursday slot.  The Simplicity challenge (now a monthly challenge so I never have to miss it - yay!) provides plenty of inspiration for one layer cards and this month the theme is Just Add Water. Come and see what I made:


I've been playing about with spritzing acrylic blocks and for this card I just drew lines all over my block with a Pear Pizzazz marker, then spritzed, stamped...


... and ended up with a nice grassy background, the perfect home for a lively sentiment like this one from Sassy Salutations.


The grass was crying out for spring flowers so I stamped the little flower from the free Sale-a-bration set Banner Blast around the sentiment. I gave the flowers nice, bright yellow centres and emphasised each with a dot of Crystal Effects.

I notice CAS on Sunday is also looking for one layer cards this week, so I'll link up this card there as well.

HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO MAKE THIS CARD
(Click on each item to find it quickly in my shop) 
Stamps: Sassy Salutations wood or cling,
Banner Blast (free with Sale-a-bration) wood or cling
Click above to place an order any time, day or night,
but if you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm always happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.

CHOOSE A FREE SALE-A-BRATION GIFT WITH EVERY £45 YOU SPEND (excl. p&p)

My eldest son certainly is enjoying his new chair! Yesterday evening, as I was laying out our evening meal on the table, I called up the stairs for everyone to come and eat. Everyone arrived except my son. I called again: "Sweetheart, dinner's on the table!" but he still didn't turn up. I tried again in a slightly (!) sharper tone of voice: "Come on! Your food's getting cold - what on earth are you doing up there!" and was rewarded by him bounding down the stairs. "Sorry," he said. "I was just spinning in my chair!"

See you tomorrow,


16 comments:

  1. Hi! I just found your card via Pinterest! Your cards are beautiful...thanks so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vicky
    Wow love that idea.... How do you think of them all.... Gorgeous...
    Hugs Sylvie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful card Vicky. Glad to hear your son is enjoying his chair - perhaps too much?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely technique Vicky, very creative. The flowers are so pretty:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty Vicky - I will try the sentiment stamping over the actual image as I think it looks great - I've always left the image and stamped elsewhere but like the way you've done this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful and stunning card Vicky, I love the acrylic block technique and must try this.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww, who doesn't love a spinny chair? Does he do the thing where you spin with your legs out and then when you bring your legs in you suddenly go faster?

    Great card - the grass is v effective. There is so much potential in a spritzed block...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great inky technique Vicky TFS!

    Surprised your son managed to get down the stairs safely after spinning in his chair. . . I'd have been VERY dizzy!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this card. What a great idea to make the grass on the block and then stamp. It is soft and looks water colored. Your son is so funny. Who knew a chair could be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous and everything always so professional.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome OLC and technique, Vicky!! I was just going to say what Sarn said above about your dizzy son!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very creative Vicky, I love the random sketchiness of the stems :0)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow this is very pretty love it. Thank you for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm popping back to congratulate you on the well-deserved recognition from OLS for your pretty card, Vicky!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on your One-Layer Card recognition Vicky! Love the technique.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)