Pages

Thursday 24 April 2014

Happy Day - an embellished smile

After several occasions of forgetting to make a one layer card for Less is More's one layer challenges, I've accidentally come up with a one layer card for this week's Makes Me Smile theme when it's not required! Come and see:


This brilliant sentiment from Stampin' Up's Happy Day set always makes me smile - the power of suggestion perhaps?!


These Boutique Details embellishments come in all five of the latest in-colours and you get four different designs in each colour. I adore them and they're on special offer at the moment so that's definitely a reason to smile! (Check out the latest special offers here.)


Washi tape also makes me smile, and the corner rounder that's part of the envelope board... okay, let's face it, ALL of my Stampin' Up stash makes me smile!

Edited to add: Thank you LeAnne for pointing out that this card works for the current Washi Tape challenge over at the Paper Players, so I shall link up there too.

HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO MAKE THIS CARD
(Click on each item to find it quickly in my shop) 
Card stock: Whisper White
Click above to place an order any time, day or night,
but if you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm always happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.

Did you know that if you smile, even when you're feeling down, it can improve your mood? I'm just off to do some hoovering so I'll try the smiling trick and see if it works... Perhaps someone recommended it to this lady?!



See you tomorrow,


18 comments:

  1. Love the fresh overall look to this card Vicky - Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so pretty Vicky, it couldn't fail to make the recipient smile! Remember that ad well! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL.....love the card (of course) but the Shake & Vac was hysterical. Of course, I always wear a dress when cleaning & hoovering my house! BTW, your card is perfect for the Paper Players challenge this week too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful card Vicky, I love the idea of embellishment flowers.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Arrgghhhhh - I'm going to have the shake-n-vac song in my head all day now! Love your card - both that and the video made me smile ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute Vicky. It makes me smile. Great card for this week's LIM.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely flowers Vicky, they almost look edible!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, you've made me smile - I have a very pleasing image of you singing as you hoover your house!
    Lovely card as usual. It's all the little details that you add that amaze me x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vicky, I haven't commented for ages, I'm so sorry! Your cards are always a delight, those flowers are wonderfully tactile (I feel they should make a sound if you press them!)
    The Shake'n'Vac lady was on drugs. Fact. No one can be that chirpy while doing housework otherwise...
    I am singing (Come up and see me) Make Me Smile! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Vicky and those pretty flowers made me smile too. I leave the hoovering to my OH these days...I wisely told him how much better at it he was ....ahem :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A truly beautiful card Vicky, I love it! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute, cute, cute! I love how you used the embellishments as flowers. A real CAS beauty. Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players, Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vicky, I love the dahlias as your flowers and the washi tape to ground the sentiment. Great take on the challenge. Oh... and thanks for the link to shake and vac... it made me laugh.... it's been a long while since I saw that ad!
    So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lots of smiles for this one Vicky!
    Gorgeous card.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such pretty embellishments Vicky!
    Thank you for joining us at Less is More.
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely and fresh design - lots of great details! I love the washi and those great flower embellishments :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just gorgeous Vicky! Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Players this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)