Pages

Friday 11 July 2014

A fun card to make with the Stampin' Up bird punch

Yes, I know I'm in the middle of showing you a series of cards made with Stampin' Up's Something for Baby stamp set but then I saw this week's fantastic colour palette and inspiration photo at the ColourQ and had a sudden idea for something bright and fun!


Stampin' Up's brilliant bird punch is very popular - and quite right too! I love this shape of bird and you also get wings and a little branch (not used here today) which are really useful to use as leaves with die-cut or punched flowers. I punched the birds out of Coastal Cabana, Hello Honey and Real Red and arranged them on a background of Island Indigo card stock.


This bold sentiment from Regarding Dahlias suits the graphic style of the card and it cuts out neatly with the 1 3/8" circle punch. I curved all the corners on my card.

Here's the ColourQ inspiration picture I got so excited by today! (I found Hello Honey and Real Red worked well as substitutes for the retired More Mustard and Poppy Parade.)



HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO MAKE THIS CARD
(Click on each item to find it quickly in my shop) 
Click above to place an order any time, day or night,
but if you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm always happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.

Our cat Tuppence used to sit on the window sill and wind herself up watching the other cats in the neighbourhood until, in exasperation, I arranged some of my little wooden birds there. She still tried to jump up though, sometimes managing to squeeze herself into the tiny gap between the window and the birds! "No, Tuppence," I'd say, lifting her down. "The birds - they say no!" Perhaps that's why she's practically left home... She only comes in to be fed now, allows herself to be cuddled briefly and then shoots off through the cat flap - and if we close the cat flap, she meows the place down. We have been told!

See you tomorrow.


6 comments:

  1. This is so cute Vicky! I hope you have a great weekend!

    Hugs,
    Em x
    Creative Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just had to pop in to say how much I love this, Vicky. Great idea, so bright and cheerful. Hope you are well and enjoying our seasonally warm summertime!
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card and I love those colours too
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a really fun card, Vicky, love what you did with the colors! So happy to see you at the colourQ, thanks for playing this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great way to use the bird punch Vicky - it looks so effective, especially in those bright colours. Thanks for playing along at Colour Q!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! I agree, a fabulous combination of colours and your card has definitely shown them, fab card, so bright and summery.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)