Pages

Tuesday 21 October 2014

Russian Doll card with Stampin' Up's Curvy Keepsake Box

I'm still buzzing after the Stampin' Up Convention last weekend! As well as learning lots and being inspired creatively, my favourite thing is catching up with all my Stampin' Up friends and making new ones. One of the things I love about this company is that you really feel a sense of belonging and everyone is so friendly and supportive.

When we all get together, we like to share ideas so we make things to swap with each other. I've been so excited about the Curvy Keepsake Box thinlits die so I decided to show another use for it that I dreamt up! Come and see:


Chop off the rounded section and you have the perfect shape for a Russian doll! I used the negative as a mask to sponge and stamp into. The stamp set I've used is Endless Wishes, a clear photopolymer stamp set with snowflakes and gorgeous sentiments for you to mix and match.


Doesn't she look serene? (I wish I knew her secret!) Her face is a circle coloured with skin tone blendabilities and markers and I added a bakers twine bow underneath her chin to draw her cloak tightly closed and keep those winter draughts out!


Do you like this frosty little detail? I love sponging Whisper White craft ink onto Crumb Cake card stock and here I went over the sponging with my Stampin' Chalk marker and a ruler. Snowflakes were stamped over the top to add extra layering without bulk.


This is such a fun project and so easy to make - and the best thing is that you can create heaps and heaps of other fab projects with that wonderful die! Need inspiration? Click here to see what I've been making with it!

BUY THE SUPPLIES TO MAKE THIS CARD NOW!
(Click on any item to be transported to my online shop!) 
If you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.

I imagine my Russian doll hadn't just returned from Brussels to find the house looking like a hurricane had passed through it! "Why is the house in such a mess?" I asked. "It isn't!" said my youngest son and "It looks fine to me!" said my eldest. My husband gathered up the newspapers that were spread out all over the coffee table, wandered about with them for a bit, then put them down on the dresser before disappearing with the air of someone who has discharged his duties!

See you tomorrow,

6 comments:

  1. How do you dream up these things, you are so creative and I'm glad we managed to have a quick chat in Brussels. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Russian doll idea Vicky, how clever of you to think of it.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Russian doll Vicky, beautiful card.
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I simly love it, the colours and the cardstock: stunning

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another ingenious design, love it and yes certain;y serene.

    Just like you on your return home LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, another gorgeous project! You are definitely the keepsake queen with all these ideas! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)