Pages

Tuesday 17 March 2015

Watercolouring with Love is Kindness by Stampin' Up

After a wonderful Mothers' Day at the weekend, it occurs to me that Easter is hurtling towards us like a runaway train! There are some wonderful Easter ideas in the Stampin' Up spring/summer catalogue and tomorrow I'll have a tutorial here for an Easter version of my secret panel easel card that some of you have been kind enough to admire!


With a change of sentiment, the beautiful tulip image I used on this thank you card would make a great Easter greeting. It's a single stamp called Love is Kindness and I adore it!


It's perfect for colouring - here I've watercoloured it using an aquapainter and Rich Razzleberry ink. I love the shades you get as you layer the ink :)


The stamp comes with a sentiment attached but I cut mine off - it's easy to do this with sharp scissors and makes your stamp so much more versatile. This time, for example, I added the 'thank you' from Painted Petals, stamped in delicious Blackberry Bliss ink but a 'Happy Easter' would work beautifully too!


• Good Friday falls on 3rd April this year
• Click here for more inspiration using the tulips from Love is Kindness

BUY THE SUPPLIES TO MAKE THIS CARD NOW!
Click on any item to be transported to my online shop!
Don't forget you'll get a free Sale-a-bration item for every £45 you spend
If you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.

I adore Mothers' Day and am always utterly spoilt by my wonderful children. My eldest son was at work and my daughter at uni but, after a bracing walk with the pupsicle, my youngest son arranged me on the sofa, plied me with herbal teas, set up displays of flowers for me to admire and snuggled in to watch a film with me. Later, my daughter popped in via skype to make me giggle for half an hour and then my eldest son returned from work laden with chocolates! What a lovely lot they are!

I'll be back tomorrow with that Secret Panel Easel tutorial - don't miss it!

7 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous card Vicky. Love the tulips watercoloured, and have to say I think it's my favourite out of the current catty.

    Glad you were spoilt so much by your big kids on Mother's Day. How lovely. We don't celebrate in Australia until May.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you deserve EVERY special moment of Mother's Day too. Glad you enjoyed your day.

    BEAUTIFUL card . . . love that stamp xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a lovely Mothers Day I did too with chats with the girls via face time.
    That's a pretty card and as you say very versatile and usable for many different occasions if you just change the sentiment
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Vicky
    Fabulous card... Love that stamp... So happy you had a lovely day....
    You were spoilt rotten by the sound of it....
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card, love the tulips and the colour of them too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I love what you've done with the stamp. Rich Razzleberry is one of my favorite colors and it looks amazing here! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for this beautiful inspiration... I cased your card as a card set including different colors: http://papersandstamps.de/inspirationenmontag-32015-kolorieren-aquarelltechnik-oder-stampin-write-marker/

    xo, Mandy

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)