Pages

Thursday 9 July 2015

Over the rainbow love and sympathy - Stampin' Up artisan blog hop

Hello and welcome to another exciting blog hop brought to you by the official Stampin' Up Artisan design team! Each Thursday, you'll find inspiration from around the world as you click through the hop so don't forget to make it a date in your diary!

NOTES FROM OVER THE RAINBOW
I was absolutely thrilled to be sent the new photopolymer stamp set Over the Rainbow as it was most definitely on my wish list! Come and see how I've used it:


Isn't this a wonderful sentiment to send a little cheer? Rainbows are such a magical sight and they really do make us feel hope :)


There are lots of brush stroke images in Over the Rainbow and I used the long one to create a rainbow using markers from the In colour collections. Sequins from the Brights Assortment add a touch of sparkle.

My next card would make a perfect love note!


Wouldn't it be fun to tuck it into the lunch box of someone special?! The happy-looking sunshine is bound to turn that frown upside down!

And what about sending some good luck wishes:


Exams, driving tests, interviews... A good luck card is perfect for reminding our loved ones to breathe on those stressful days! The sketchy heart in Over the Rainbow makes a great four leafed clover - and you could bring it out on St Patricks day too!


I gave all my cards a decorative edging with the wonderful wide black and white stripe design from the Everyday Chic washi pack. Above this, I added some of the gold metallic thread, wound round twice and secured with FastFuse at the back.


TIP: make a tiny notch each side of the panel with the Medium Star punch to keep your thread straight.

I hope you've enjoyed my ideas for using this wonderful set. I know the rest of the team has lots more to inspire you, so click the button below to see what the lovely Allison Okamitsu has been up to!




BUY THE SUPPLIES TO MAKE THIS CARD NOW!
Click on any item to be transported to my online shop!

If you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.

Thanks for joining me today. I'll be back next week with more crafting fun :)


4 comments:

  1. All gorgeous cards Vicky, love the clean and crips look of them...stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all gorgeous, Vicky! I love them! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicky, I don't usually leave comments, but.... I love your cards and I love your style!!!! And, the picture of you pup just made my day!! Thanks

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)