Pages

Wednesday 29 July 2015

I'm wild about Wild About Flowers!

There are so many beautiful new Stampin' Up stamp sets to showcase, and I'm running out of time to show them all, but Wild About Flowers is definitely somewhere at the top of the list! It's a set with lots of lovely retirement sentiments but those gorgeous flowers are perfect for everything else as well!


When I first discovered Stampin' Up, I loved making this style of card: sponged backgrounds and wild meadow scenes stamped in the foreground. That was five years ago and I still love it!


This scene was sponged into a mask made with an oval framelit and I added a 'frame' with another oval, the next size up. Check out those tiny little butterflies! They're from the Perpetual Birthday Calendar stamp set, a photopolymer stamp set that is SO useful!


Subtles inks are best for sponged backgrounds  - I used Soft Sky and So Saffron deepening to Old Olive for this scene, stamping the flowers in Old Olive and Melon Mambo. It looks lovely and summery (unlike the view from my window of leaden skies and wildly tossing trees. It seems that summer is taking a break here in the heart of England!) TIP: I often turn a flower stamp 180 degrees and repeat-stamp the stem to give a bit of depth to my scenes.

BUY THE SUPPLIES TO MAKE THIS CARD NOW!
Click on any item to be transported to my online shop!

If you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.

My family and I have got into the habit of 'animal speak'. For example, if someone does something nice like offering you a cup of tea, instead of thanking them you'd say 'Wags at you!" If something bad happens you might say 'Growls menacingly!' or 'Hisses at it!' Is it just us or do other animal owners do this?!

Don't miss the artisan blog hop tomorrow will you? It will be my last outing as an artisan designer for Stampin' Up and it will be a great hop I promise you!

6 comments:

  1. Love this card Vicky. Now if I could just blow it up to the size of my lounge window,I could pretend that we have summer here in Scotland! At least the sun is shining (albeit periodically) here today and I'm not trying to get little miss Millie out for a walk between downpours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful scenic card Vicky . . . a lovely field of flowers.

    Looking forward to tomorrow's hop but sad it will be your last one.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Vicky. It really is a work of art!
    Hugs,
    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful scene Vicky, love the layout!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Vicky - thank you for sharing all your wonderful creations - a real joy to check each day! You will always be an Artisan to all of us I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card. You make me want to try this!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)