Pages

Tuesday 6 August 2019

Clearly Besotted with flowers

Hello crafting pals!

Today, I'm excited to join in with a challenge I've never come across before - The Flower Challenge. Florals are right up my street so I'm in!


This week's challenge is to use your favourite flower - and that was challenge enough for me because I love all flowers! But the sponsor this week is Clearly Besotted, a lovely tiny UK-based stamp and die manufacturer, and since I now own one of their older sets, Flower Arrangement, I went with that :) Come and see what I made:


I chose a couple of friendly-looking daisies, stamping them randomly in a circle to form a wreath using Stampin' Up Pumpkin Pie and Crushed Curry inks. Granny Apple Green leaves were stamped between the flowers to fill it out and different sized black centres added to the flowers. 


The flowers were clear-embossed to make them lovely and glossy and I used the emboss-resist technique to ink in a background. I'm not going to lie - it looked awful! I wasn't going to waste this project though, so I tried fussy-cutting the wreath and laying it against a blue card base which looked much cleaner!


The sentiment is from my favourite Alte&New Birthday Greetings. I doodled a banner round it and snipped it out, tucking it under one of the leaves and decorating it with an extra daisy. Enamel dots were added to some of the flowers for extra detail :)

AND IN OTHER NEWS
Yesterday, at the supermarket with my youngest son, I spotted a guy who had been a volunteer at the local pantomime along with us. I chattered away, finding him strangely unresponsive, about how much fun it had been at 'the panto' and finally he thanked me in a heavy teutonic accent and moved away. "I don't remember him being German," I said thoughtfully, turning to my son and finding him rigid with open-mouthed horror. I'd got the wrong person of course - so now there is an anxious German man wandering around our town, thinking I must have been admiring his trousers or something!

Thanks for dropping in today. I'll be back soon with more crafting fun!

11 comments:

  1. Love your beautiful daisies. So Beautiful, admire your fussy cutting too.
    I did similar to you, spoke for 15 minutes with a lady about her children and family, I asked if she was still living in the same place, she said I've never lived there! Everything she said was the same as the lady I thought it was! VERY Strange!
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faith!
      She's either suffering from amnesia or is a spy!

      Delete
  2. Hi Vicky
    Gorgeous wreath card... fabulous colours....
    You have been making some fabulous cards... of late...
    hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ring of cheerful daisies looks so pretty against the blu background- glad the fussy cutting avoided the need for a remake. I’m feeling ever so slightly sorry for the poor German- but did have a giggle at his expense!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you have found us Vicky!you made such a beautiful card too, just adore that gorgeous flower wreath!Love your story too...really missed your stories lol.
    Thanks you so much for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge';) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your amazing inspiration Viv - I nearly threw this card in the bin when I went back and saw your beautiful card! xx

      Delete
  5. Beautiful card, Vicky. It's true that we all have a double somewhere in the world. The last one I came across was my nephew's doppelganger. The real one is in Michigan, so I knew not to talk to his absolute double doctor in the ER here last month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well it's true that the older I get the more I see people that look like other people!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet little wreath and it looks just gorgeous against the blue backdrop x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The daisy wreath is so pretty against the light blue background! Your fussy cutting skill is amazing too! So glad you found us! Hope to see your entry often in the future! Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)