Pages

Friday 30 August 2019

Rudolph the sleek black reindeer

Hello crafting friends!

It's time to have a word with myself. Sunshine or no sunshine, if I want to have a lovely big pile of Christmas cards to send out at the end of November, I need to get going! That was my stern voice, so I have gone off meekly and made this:


This card was started by smooshing diliuted Night of Navy and Pool Party inks over a card panel and there is a suggestion of Northern Lights there isn't there! No? Oh, just me and my imagination then! While it was drying, I pulled out a load of my old Stampin' Up Christmas stamps - I had hung on to those in The Great Craft Stash Cull!


Look! I made another fun sentiment combo :) The 'Happy' is actually from a current set - Merry Christmas to All, but the 'Christmas' is from Endless Wishes and all the other stamps I used today are ancient too...


That beautiful reindeer is from Winter Post and the trees are from White Christmas. Love them all! I added some detail to my scene with a Smoky Slate marker on the trees and white craft ink for snow and more of the diluted ink for shadows. The card was finished with a tiny adhesive star that came out of a scrapbooking kit. I would've liked to add a little frost to the trees but I have no glitter or metallic embossing powder... Maybe I'll invest in a Wink of Stella pen! Has anyone else tried one?

So what set me off on this moonlit reindeer scene today? It was the ABC Christmas Challenge! I'm a bit late to this challenge, having arrived when they're at P (for penguin), Q (for quarters) or R (for reindeer), but what I lack in time-keeping, I more than make up for in enthusiasm!


AND IN OTHER NEWS
It's time to drag myself away from reindeer and focus on a pair of pooches who are looking at me with reproachful eyes. My Eva is particularly good at communicating 'I don't want to put myself forward in any way but I have noticed that time is marching on and I've got a bit of a rumbly tummy and USUALLY we'd be in the kitchen now...' with just a pair of melting brown eyes.


Thanks for coming round to see me today. See you soon,

17 comments:

  1. A beautiful card, love the Northern Lights! cute reindeer and a beautiful scene.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You can see them! They're a bit Northern lights lite ;)

      Delete
  2. Fabulous scene Vicky, and you most definitely need a wink of Stella !!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lesley. I need something - what I need is to be able to try things out! Maybe someone's done a review of glitter pens...? xxx

      Delete
  3. That is beautiful, Vicky! The shades of blue are fabulous! I haven't got wink of stella, but have a gelly roll clear stardust pen for fine detail and a spectrum noir sparkle pen for larger areas. I can recommend both, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendations Sally. Will look into those!

      Delete
  4. A beautiful winter scene, Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love doing these backgrounds. You never know what you might get and that sets you off :)

      Delete
  5. The Christmas stamps survived the cull - yay! I have way too many stamps, Christmas ones especially- I’ve never got rid of a single one!! (It’s an illness!) I was crafting with reindeers today too, but much more CAS and nowhere near as scenic as your little chap - love it! I would definitely recommend a Wink of Stella pen - I use mine for all sorts of things and they last for ages, although I'm not sure that’s what was called for on this card as it might have been too subtle - I think Sally’s suggestion of a gelly roll pen is a better one. Have fun investigating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surely there's no such thing as too many stamps Joanne *winks* Do you catalogue them? I do like a subtle touch of glitter but yes, I need to have a play I think. Just popping over to see what you've been up to now...!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful blue Christmas card, Vicky.
    Thank you for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenge.
    Dorte x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can definitely see the northern lights in this beautiful card xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!
    Thanks so much for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Helen! Thank you so much for inspiring us all :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. très belles cartes. et un superbe chien !!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)