Pages

Wednesday 4 September 2019

A celebration of friends

Hello crafting friends!

Today I'm sharing the second card I made when I decided I needed to make cards again. I had found a few stray wood-mount stamps (funny how I'm photopolymer all the way now!) and some Stampin' Up markers I'd given my son for school projects but then ruthlessly grabbed back. Come and see:


All the stamps are from retired Stampin' Up sets - the wonderful jar from Perfectly Preserved, the flowers from Garden Silhouettes, the tag from Tiny Tags and the tablecloth from a grid-patterned builder wheel called (and I've just gone off into gusts of giggles over this) Albert. I kid you not - the wheel was called Albert!


I stamped the jar and the flowers, extending the stems so that they rested on the bottom of the jar. To get the water effect, I cut a mask for the jar and sponged ink into it. The whole thing was cut out with sharp paper snips and decorated with a little label tied on with linen thread.


Albert *goes off into further fits of giggles* had been unmounted so I used a tiny bit of glue to get him on an acrylic block. I had to ink him up with a marker as I had no ink pads AND had to stamp him four times without a stamp positioner, but it sort of worked out. (Perfection, as my youngest son would say, is for lame nerds that are cramping on my style! Well yes, indeed! I would totally agree if only I knew what it meant!) I coloured every other square to achieve the gingham tablecloth look before attaching the jar of flowers with dimensionals.


It was a bit of a faff using Albert, and I was going to throw him away, but I can't now because he's become my special friend! Watch out for him on forthcoming cards!

AND IN OTHER NEWS
This card was made to celebrate the birthday of a lovely friend of mine. I absolutely love her to bits because she is who I want to be when I grow up! She is full of enthusiasm for everything, always has an amazing new project on the go and sees the best in every situation, as well as being staunch, loyal and always up for a laugh. What a lady!

Do you have any wonderful friends in your life you'd like to celebrate? Any stamps you cannot throw away? Or both? Do tell me about them in the comments below :)

Hugs,

6 comments:

  1. Your bouquet in the jar is so pretty, Vicky! Albert did a great job for a tablecloth! And what patience to color in every other square.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bonnie. Patience is a virtue I acquired when I had babies, thank goodness! Albert... I still can't get over that the stamp was called Albert!

      Delete
  2. The card is beautiful! As a coffee lover, I've only kept hold of one stamp set after my own purge... SU's Coffee Cafe which I got as part of my 2nd starter kit when I rejoined xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all have our favourites we'd never part with don't we! x

      Delete
  3. A Beautiful card Vicky, love the water effect in the jar too and of course Albert!
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pleased with that water effect! Little Albert! I think all patterned stamps should have names like that! x

      Delete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)