Pages

Saturday 18 January 2020

The one layer YAY!!!

Hello crafting friends!

If you have the winter blues today, I've got the very card to cheer you up! Come and see:


This is very CAS and the simplest card ever if you have a stamping platform - and I do thanks to dear old Santa :) To make it, I used the image from Stampin' Up's Enjoy Life that I like to call 'Lady leaping about like a loon!'


To start, I positioned a nice thick card base in the corner of my stamping platform, positioned the lady off the bottom right-hand edge, inked her up with violet ink and stamped. Cleaned off the stamp, moved the card base to the right by 0.75 cm, inked up with purple ink and stamped. Cleaned off the stamp, moved the card base to the right by 0.75 cm, inked up with blue ink... etc. I'm sure you get the picture!


Do you like the sentiment? I love the nice bold font and the curviness of it. It's from an older retired set called Celebrate Today by Stampin' Up. I finished my card with stars cut out of coloured card stock with my useful Twinkle punch.

CHALLENGES
I was inspired to make my card by Perfectly CAS, where this month's challenge is the oft-dreaded One Layer Card; Less is More, where the challenge for the fortnight is also a one layer card and they want the design to be Off Centre; also CASology where the cue card is Repeat; and last, but definitely not least, Just Add Ink, where they are celebrating 10 years of fabulous challenges with a great blog hop!


AND IN OTHER NEWS
Yesterday, I greeted my eldest son when he came in from work. "How was your day?" I asked. "It was good," he said hanging up his coat. "But I'm so tired. I feel as if I've been awake all day!" Since my son works in an optician, I sincerely hope he WAS awake all day!!! I suggested an early night and he looked at me as if I had suggested he took up origami.

Thank you for popping in to visit me today.

Hugs,

42 comments:

  1. It's okay, I had my sunglasses on! LOL! I love this bright and cheery card.

    Happy Saturday xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - enjoy the sunshine and the Saturday Sarn! xxx

      Delete
  2. You can never go wrong with a rainbow, I had to restrain myself today lol..great card and certainly not in the centre lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - especially a celebration rainbow! Happy Saturday Maaike!

      Delete
  3. Super make, loving your chosen colours and your make rocks those challenges

    Happy Saturday

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulously colourful leaping ladies Vicky! Hope you had a dry sunny walk with Eva today!....might even stay dry two days running! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why should Lords have the monopoly on leaping? That's what I say! We had a lovely two hour ramble in the sunny countryside - bliss!
      Hope you're having a great weekend Lesley xxx

      Delete
  5. A SUPER celebration card Vicky, I love the vibrant colours jumping for joy.
    I did find it funny about your son - kids!
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Faith! Thing is my eldest son is a young man now :) I don't think they ever stop saying funny things, bless them! x

      Delete
  6. Super CAS card and a really great image and love all the rainbow colours.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect stamping, Vicky. I love the bright rainbow colours! Thanks so much for playing along at Less is More! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kylie! Nice to have a bit of brightness around here :)
      xx

      Delete
  8. This is great - I love the effect and use of colour. This is the perfect stamp set for this card. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chantell - the lady just looked as if she was jumping for joy to me :)

      Delete
  9. Oh, this is my kind of perfection: it has s rainbow and is CAS (and double points for OLC!). Thank you for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, so happy you like it Karen! Thank you for all the lovely inspiration :)

      Delete
  10. Great job of repeat stamping, Vicky! Love these rich colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to take the credit Bonnie but it was all that Stamp Platform's hard work! I DID choose the colours though ;)

      Delete
  11. Vicky Love this card, What would we do without a stamping platform :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I'm wondering if I can train mine to make a nice cup of tea...!

      Delete
  12. I love this vicky. Your stamping is perfect and love the rainbow of colours and how you used just the one corner-perfect to me! I love the curve of the sentiment-I usually try to do this myself but how cool you had one that it was already done! Thanks for joining CASology x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandie! It's quicker when the stamp is already curved ;)
      x

      Delete
  13. What a great technique Vicky and I love this fabulous CAS design.
    Your exchange with your son made me smile:-)
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol! He is adorable and is always making me smile (often without realising it!) x

      Delete
  14. What a WOW CAS design Vicky and how amazingly geometric does this "jumping lady" look now!! I love your choice of colours too. Thank you for sharing with us at Just Add Ink in our special celebration challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan - yes, Leaping-Like-A-Loon-Lady has had a makeover! Lovely to join in with your celebrations :)

      Delete
  15. An absolutely perfect one layer design! Love the rainbow of colors and the interest you added by positioning your main image in the corner!
    Thanks so much for taking the time to play along with us over at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your leaping rainbow ladies! Thanks for joining us at Perfectly Cas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leaping Rainbow Ladies sounds like female super-heroes from a new TV show!

      Delete
  17. Loving your CAS design with a beautiful rainbow of colours. Such a lovely card. Thank you for sharing with us at Just Add Ink x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oooh, so cool! I love the rainbow effect of the overlapping ladies. Thanks for sharing you card with us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina! I wasn't so keen on this lady when she was 'kicking butt' but she celebrates beautifully!

      Delete
  19. Best stamp description ever - love your rainbow ladies & fab CAS card. Thanks for joining our Just Add Ink birthday challenge.
    Di

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha - it describes her pretty well doesn't it! Thanks Di :)

      Delete
  20. So simple but so clever - I love it! Thanks for sharing with us as part of our Just Add Ink birthday celebrations. Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly and it's lovely to celebrate those amazing milestones with you! x

      Delete
  21. Great Card!! I love your repeat stamping! Thank for joining us at Perfectly Cas Challenge Blog. Robin

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)